• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Subhadeep

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Your line of argument seems to be that Mohammed Sami is a better bowler than Sylvester Clarke, because he played more Tests/took more Test wickets.

Onions is a class above Chris Martin, as are England's other second XI bowling options. They don't have to take 200+ Test wickets to prove it because it's obvious that they're good bowlers and Chris Martin isn't.
If I am right, the likes of Holding, Roberts, Garner and Marshall kept Clark out of the side and they were considerably better than Anderson, Broad, Tremlett and Finn. Also, Sylvester Clark actually bowled well away from his home soil and that includes the sub-continent also. Has Onions played any test outside England? To add to that, Chris Martin is considerably better than Mohammed Sami and has a lot more wickets to his name, which further weakens your argument. Wrong analogy mate, better luck next time.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It's exactly the same technical fault I spoke about ages ago in the India-in-South-Africa thread. His technique just isn't very good at the moment and if it wasn't for his long-standing reputation it'd be getting a lot more attention; even given his England tour.
To be fair its had to give it attention when he's the leading runscorer in the year and batting well in England against top bowling.

The main point is he's old now and his technique has detracted. He is also not seeing it as well.

Sachin is right now comfortably a better batsman and I was confused when everyone jumped on Rahul after England tour. Before that Sachin was comfortably India's best batsman. It was a classic case of "what I see is what must be"

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
did your son do anything yesterday burgeys, or just happy to field? sorry if already posted.
Just thought I'd post to let you know to check your VMs, as you'd only got one before today and never replied to it, so I'm not sure if it's something you do. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
To be fair its had to give it attention when he's the leading runscorer in the year and batting well in England against top bowling.

The main point is he's old now and his technique has detracted. He is also not seeing it as well.

Sachin is right now comfortably a better batsman and I was confused when everyone jumped on Rahul after England tour. Before that Sachin was comfortably India's best batsman. It was a classic case of "what I see is what must be"
Yeah AWTA.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah but Flem, Onions has been available but overlooked at times due to England's superior pace attack and the fact that they don't need to change the team. Onions would have more Test wickets if he was available for NZ.
Onions plays for Durham and Martin doesnt - that's the end of it as far as Scaly is concerned

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
**** off Dhoni you ****. Costing kohli a chance to get runs.

Learn to ****ing not push outside off after so many years.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was a top catch. Catches like that never get the credit they deserve, from the side's oldest player no less.