• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Onions plays for Durham and Martin doesnt - that's the end of it as far as Scaly is concerned
To be fair I'd probably take Onions *just* ahead of Martin if he was fully fit. The fact that Martin's always fully fit and Onions only is about 65% of the time though certainly tips the scales.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's exactly the same technical fault I spoke about ages ago in the India-in-South-Africa thread. His technique just isn't very good at the moment and if it wasn't for his long-standing reputation it'd be getting a lot more attention; even given his England tour.

The weird thing is, it only happens about 70% of the time, but I can tell in the first over or two what's going on with him when he's "off". I've actually made a fair bit of money on it. Looked a lot better yesterday than he did today.
Dravid is a superb player but it has always been a bit of a myth that he is/was technically perfect

He has had the same technical glitch forever (McGrath & Gillespie used to render him basically shotless by focusing on dragging him forward to off-cutters), it's just that he's missing a few more these days

Called age, I'd say

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
did your son do anything yesterday burgeys, or just happy to field? sorry if already posted.
He bowled one over and went for about 10, had a direct hit in the field and didn't miss a ball. Batted 11 and blocked about about 8 balls for 0 not out, came off and said the other bloke robbed him of a ton.

Cheers for asking mate. He walked off 10 feet tall.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be fair I'd probably take Onions *just* ahead of Martin if he was fully fit. The fact that Martin's always fully fit and Onions only is about 65% of the time though certainly tips the scales.
Onions is a poor man's Harris - pretty good operator but no durability

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
My Indian XI for Adelaide:
1. Rahane 2 Gambhir 3 Dravid 4 Tendulkar 5 Kohli 6 Sharma 7 Ashwin 8 Dhoni 9 Ojha 10 Zaheer 11 Yadav.

Hard to drop the vice-captain Sehwag, but meh.