• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Indian fans need to except that as long as their board keeps cricket in the dark ages people will want their team to fail, no matter who they play.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Bollocks. They've both done a Broad. They both charge down celebrating and then have a token look back half-way down. Watch it again. It's a good 90-120 seconds in on that YouTube video before they show you the bowler.
I don't know why you insist on talking about Broad in an India-Australia match thread. But if you do, you might want to watch this for a good laugh (prerequisite: a sense of humour):

Bat Before Wicket..Stuart Broad appeals ! HILARIOUS!!! - YouTube

Redbacks

International Captain
Haigh on Cowan
Now in his third season on a Bellerive Oval pitch that pacemen queue up to bowl on, by contrast, Cowan has matured into probably the best leaver of the ball in Australia, quick to sum up bounce, deviation and purchase. It is a technique that can only be learned, not taught; it can also, under pressure, be forgotten.

In an effort to rev his game up last season, in fact, Cowan actually lost the bearings of his off stump a little, making a briar patch of the slot for his cover drive. Studying the self-denial of England's Alastair Cook, he reverted to old habits, and in the Sheffield Shield final looked like he could bat until the crack of doom.

When Cowan shoulders arms now, it is even with a certain elan. To the shorter delivery, he gives a minimalist pivot at the waist to afford the ball vantage; to the delivery of full length, he takes a healthy, genuflecting stretch, like an ambassador presenting his credentials to Elizabeth I.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Moreover, I don't think the claim of 'bollocks' is particularly justified. I think it is just unnecessary rudeness for your case which is highly subjective. The sheer idea that your case is anything more than 'the most accurate, on balance' (the idea that your case is 'absolutely true' or 'unquestionable') is the real bollocks.
Bollocks is very justified coming from someone defending a team like India who just came up with this:

Manee said:
The issue people have with Broad is he goes with the childish tactic of pretending it is definitely out in order to convince the umpire that it is so.
Yea of course Broad's trying to cheat the umpire. Just like when Kohli automatically assumes he couldn't possibly be out here he's trying to cheat the umpire. Bollocks. When you have a team or individual who consistently and aggressively over-appeals and pressurises the officials then it is cheating. Being a bit of a tosser isn't. Broad was being a bit of a tosser and got penalised for it, I wish that would apply more often to the Indian players for a change. If not then I get the impression that this new generation of Indian cricketers will only get worse and then the lot after that will be behaving like footballers.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yea of course Broad's trying to cheat the umpire. Just like when Kohli automatically assumes he couldn't possibly be out here he's trying to cheat the umpire. Bollocks. When you have a team or individual who consistently and aggressively over-appeals and pressurises the officials then it is cheating. Being a bit of a tosser isn't. Broad was being a bit of a tosser and got penalised for it, I wish that would apply more often to the Indian players for a change. If not then I get the impression that this new generation of Indian cricketers will only get worse and then the lot after that will be behaving like footballers.
I did not use the provocative term 'cheating'. It is the same phenomenon that has teams over appealing and showing dissent when a decision does not go their way and so such a thing should be likewise punished. You assume I see no wrong in any of India's actions but I have been most critical of the sledging and 'carrying on' of the likes of Sreesanth in the past. To equate what I said with accusing Broad of 'cheating' is a plain misrepresentation. A plain misrepresentation because you have found nothing contentious in what I have said and yet, it has made you angry.

EDIT: I also did not defend 'India', I responded to the accusations of Zaheer and Ashwin that you made. I saw them as baseless. I have no patriotic motive for doing so. I'd be more than happy to criticize the attitude and behaviour of India, if it were necessary. It would distract me from the fact that the bowling unit is simply not very good, performance-wise.

Last edited:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Saying India are outright cheating is going too far. Some of the appeals were quite bad, but I've seen far worse in my viewing history.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Indian fans need to except that as long as their board keeps cricket in the dark ages people will want their team to fail, no matter who they play.
I think people are entitled to support whoever they want to. The issue is with making unsubstantiated allegations of cheating.

shankar

International Debutant
If that happens Australia will threaten to go home. Especially Clarke who is from Stinkney.
For that to happen an Indian player should have accused an Australian player of a racist comment resulting in a ban for the latter.

Where did this revisionism of India threatening to call off the tour because of the umpiring start? From the few articles that I found it was because of the three match ban that Harbhajan was given.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
I'll certainly cop people wanting India to do badly due to the BCCI's stance on UDRS and being frustrated when the reverse of poetic justice is carried out. In fact even I am highly annoyed by the BCCI's stubbornness.

However, comments such as these fill me with a sense of mild disappointment.

Christ, if it was against an Indian player you'd have half a billion people calling for Erasmus' head, twice that calling the Australians cheats for appealing
Obviously, Because the ****s who do the latter on youtube are representative of the entire Indian cricket watching population or the posters of CW who are largely docile re; umpiring decisions going wrong either way. I'm sure there are plenty of people from other countries who also come up with crap on other channels, seems very very unfair to brand an entire fanbase that way based on those idiots.

The BCCI. Buying test matches since Sydney 08.
Haha, I seriously, seriously hope this is trolling as otherwise it would be unintelligent to an unthinkably unfortunate degree.

Know most of these comments are heat of the moment but it's still pretty disappointing form on a site like CW which has supporters from many countries.

Just to clarify, I'm not posting this as a moderator but as a poster.

Cheers. :)

smash84

The Tiger King
Haha, I seriously, seriously hope this is trolling as otherwise it would be unintelligent to an unthinkably unfortunate degree.

Know most of these comments are heat of the moment but it's still pretty disappointing form on a site like CW which has supporters from many countries.

Just to clarify, I'm not posting this as a moderator but as a poster.

Cheers. :)
admit it. Pak fans @ CW >>>> everybody else :ph34r:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Bollocks is very justified coming from someone defending a team like India who just came up with this:

When my guy does it, it's not cheating. When your guy does it, it is. Fair point IMO.

There was something rather unprecedented that happened against India - Fines and bans handed down to Indian players | Cricket News | Global | ESPN Cricinfo. Of course they were all cheating and deserved it.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watched/half slept through most of this, rain came at the wrong time. Missed the controversial decisions.

Only thing I really noted is that Zaheer looked really different, think he might be a fake.