• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Ruckus

International Captain
Absolutely nothing suggests he nicked that. Sure it was very close to the bat, but there was no noticeable deflection, no hotspot and no snicko + Cowan himself said he didn't nick it. That dude saying before it was a clear nick is delusional...

R_D

International Debutant
Was reading through some of the posts... can not believe people are complaining about Indian team appealing... i hope these people watched Warnie and Gilchrist appeal over the years.. They made an art form out of it...
Some big mistakes made by the umpires today.

Anyways.. it was a great day at cricket... Good knock by Ponting and bit of decent bowling along with trash bowling from Indian bowlers. Hopefully Indian can get the rest of the wickets out cheaply tomorrow... although i wouldn't be surprised to see Australia get close to 400 runs.

Hopefully get to see Sachin bat on Day 3.:p

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Cowan's never really looked right to me, don't know exactly why but I was just like, "don't reckon he's nicked that."

I agree a little bit with social, that there's enough there, and that was highlighted by how the ball was still swinging conventionally as late as it was, only really happens in Australia when there is good grass cover. My worry is that it won't get any harder to bat on over the next day and a half.

Satguru

Banned
I sense this could end up being the sequel to Sydney 2008, with Sachin being let off by Erasmus on 0 tomorrow, and going on to get 200, Sehwag edging the ball to first slip and standing his ground on, Dravid claiming a dodgy catch off Clarke and Dhoni raising Erasmus' finger for him, and Ponting getting a shocking caught behind decision, all leading to an Indian win in the final session with Sachin cleaning up the tail.

Would be so awesome :ph34r:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For those who haven't seen the Hussey/Cowan dismissals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSZOf1kfJFA

Just baffles me so much; still see no reason why India refuses to use it, other than being petulant after getting the rough end of the stick from their first go with it. Overall though, India's day for sure. We need at least 350, but I doubt we'll make it there, just can't see Haddin and co getting us to it. Tipping Pattinson for a bagful tomorrow.
Also worth pointing out if someone like Broad has appealed like the bowler had done in both of those instances he'd have been visiting the match referee's room afterwards. They just charged down the pitch, without actually appealing and had a token look back about halfway down, and these weren't even out. That's without getting into what at best could be described as over-exuberant appealing throughout the day generally.

It goes without saying we'll get the usual flounce when Virat 'I can't play a proper format' Kohli gets knocked over, Dhoni will whinge to the media if the umpires actually make decisions that on balance go against his mob for a session. Here's hoping India get smashed 4-0 again.

deathmonger

Banned
Also worth pointing out if someone like Broad has appealed like the bowler had done in both of those instances he'd have been visiting the match referee's room afterwards. They just charged down the pitch, without actually appealing and had a token look back about halfway down, and these weren't even out. That's without getting into what at best could be described as over-exuberant appealing throughout the day generally.

It goes without saying we'll get the usual flounce when Virat 'I can't play a proper format' Kohli gets knocked over, Dhoni will whinge to the media if the umpires actually make decisions that on balance go against his mob for a session. Here's hoping India get smashed 4-0 again.
Can't do worse than England in 2006-07 in Oz.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
With the Hussey dismissal, there seems to be a clear appeal. Same with Ashwin. Ashwin didn't turn around for long but that's because the finger was up. The issue people have with Broad is he goes with the childish tactic of pretending it is definitely out in order to convince the umpire that it is so.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
With the Hussey dismissal, there seems to be a clear appeal. Same with Ashwin. Ashwin didn't turn around for long but that's because the finger was up. The issue people have with Broad is he goes with the childish tactic of pretending it is definitely out in order to convince the umpire that it is so.
So true. :laugh:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bollocks. They've both done a Broad. They both charge down celebrating and then have a token look back half-way down. Watch it again. It's a good 90-120 seconds in on that YouTube video before they show you the bowler.

AlwaysProteas

U19 12th Man
Pretty close to 6/280 Australia were against SA three years ago at MCG. Australia went onto make 394 in that innings. Difference was, there was top order batsman in that case was Clarke instead of Haddin.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Some bad decisions that make for poor viewing.

What is obvious on this forum, is when they end up on the wrong side of a poor decision, how Indian supporters react very differently from the rest....NOT

Anyways, I as a viewer always feel cheated when there is a wrong decision affecting the state of the match. No, I don't want even a "justice" for Sydney. I want the outcome of match be determined by the cricket played by the teams and not umpiring goof ups.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Bollocks. They've both done a Broad. They both charge down celebrating and then have a token look back half-way down. Watch it again. It's a good 90-120 seconds in on that YouTube video before they show you the bowler.
Is a vociferous appeal from Zaheer but an appeal nonetheless. Ashwin's is really more difficult to say because the finger was up straight away but neither was 3/4 of the way to first slip to celebrate as Broad often is. There is no hypocrisy by match officials unless your case can be backed up by other people - i.e. unless the celebration/appeal can be claimed by other people to be similar to Broad's. This last sentence, I believe, is uncontroversial.

Moreover, I don't think the claim of 'bollocks' is particularly justified. I think it is just unnecessary rudeness for your case which is highly subjective. The sheer idea that your case is anything more than 'the most accurate, on balance' (the idea that your case is 'absolutely true' or 'unquestionable') is the real bollocks.

sachin200

U19 12th Man