• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Count yourself lucky that you missed the first hour after lunch. Some of the worst bowling I've seen in a test match. Had a decent spell of bowling either side of tea, though.
Oh gosh. This could be another whitewash if we aren't careful. I'm glad I switched off at lunch and put Michael McIntyre's Christmas Comedy Roadshow on.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmm, don't buy it. It's not a road either but the demons in the pitch appear to have mysteriously disappeared when in-form batsmen like Cowan and Warner were batting.
Yeah, exactly. MCG day 1 is always a bit iffy. From here, it'll quicken up and even out, better for batting if you like using the pace. Someone like Sehwag I expect to bat quite well on this pitch, don't think it's as much Laxman/Sachin/Dravid's bag, though so there'll be something for the bowlers to work with.

Siddle the key, if Pattinson bowls well too could be a tough day for India.

Last edited:

chicane

State Captain
I watched the morning session and I am really unhappy with India's bowling. Yadav's wickets seemed fortuitous. Him nor Ishant were swinging it an inch and Zaheer looked fine but he isn't going to run through any team's top order with the new ball. I think this series could go very badly for us unless our bowlers buck up their ideas and learn to apply pressure and move the ball. The waywardness in the morning session was borderline embarrassing.
Yeah short, aimless and no movement. I turned it off when Cowan and Clarke were settling in and was surprised we got them 6 down when I checked later. Hopefully its just the usual rubbish in the first day of an away test and it gets better tomorrow.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Would've preferred to hear from our captain standing up for his players and the DRS tbh.

p.s. that was a pretty good press conference although he should've taken the Indian reporter who spruiked a monologue instead of a question to task.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would've preferred to hear from our captain standing up for his players and the DRS tbh.
Clarke has already said what he thinks about the DRS system. Has said that he doesn't care if they use it or not, but it should be uniform for all series.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Very even day AFAIC. Every time one team looked like taking the lead, the other has hit back. Very fascinating day of cricket and very happy I watched the full day's play. :)

Cowan is all class. :wub: Huss was robbed. :( And Ponting showed that he is in good form, but it is a worry when a guy like him, in what seems like very good form, is nicking them to second slip on 62. I am afraid I just don't see many more test 100s from him*.

Indian bowling was better than the usual drivel we serve up when bowling first in an away series first test. Zak and Ishant were unlucky not to have gotten 1 or 2 more (Zak was lucky to get Huss though, so that perhaps evened out from his perspective).. Yadav is good but erratic at this point. Hopefully he gets better though. Ashwin obviously was carried away with all the hype and was trying to hard to get wickets when all he was expected to do was to settle down and bowl well and hold an end up. In a way, it feels good that inspite of so much room for improvement from our bowlers, we still got them at a par score for day 1, perhaps a little less than par given that they won the toss..

* - watch him ton up now. :(

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For those who haven't seen the Hussey/Cowan dismissals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSZOf1kfJFA

Just baffles me so much; still see no reason why India refuses to use it, other than being petulant after getting the rough end of the stick from their first go with it. Overall though, India's day for sure. We need at least 350, but I doubt we'll make it there, just can't see Haddin and co getting us to it. Tipping Pattinson for a bagful tomorrow.