• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well the writing has been on the wall for a while to be honest, SL's great batting line-up are on the slide and it was bound to happen as age sets in, and their bowling has just been pathetic really, just proves what a genius Murali was, the Malinga situation has come at exactly the wrong time aswell,

Personally i don't see things getting any better for them, due to their poor bowling unit i can't see them beating anyone decent in the near future, we beat them right now imo and it would be interesting to see SL vs NZ aswell.

Eds

International Debutant
Philander can take wickets at 12 in Test cricket, yet can't even form his words properly. ITSTL.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Vern's interviews still entertaining. He seems to be making an effort to cut down on the "obviously", but has only succeeded in replacing most of them with "y'know".

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Well the writing has been on the wall for a while to be honest, SL's great batting line-up are on the slide and it was bound to happen as age sets in, and their bowling has just been pathetic really, just proves what a genius Murali was, the Malinga situation has come at exactly the wrong time aswell,

Personally i don't see things getting any better for them, due to their poor bowling unit i can't see them beating anyone decent in the near future, we beat them right now imo and it would be interesting to see SL vs NZ aswell.
The whole Murali retirement reminds me of WI with Walsh and Ambrose

SL's bowling bar Murali/Vaas has always been bad.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This was predictable. No surprises here.

Funny that the batting was what was a disgrace when some said that would be what would stand up for SL. Embarrassing performance from them.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
SL once again played like complete ****wits in the first Test of a series.

Good to see Kallis take 0 wickets again.
must have been good to see philander take some wickets though? your old sig said both he and amla were quota players. lol

Woodster

International Captain
Yes it's the SL batting that has been the major disappointment in this Test, but with the pitch, the quality of the SA attack and SL's inabilty to formulate a decent strategy and apply the necessary technique in these type of conditions, it does not come as a huge surprise. The bowling was always going to struggle to penetrate the SA line-up without too much damage being caused despite the helpful conditions.

The techniques of the SL batsmen were all exposed against the moving bouncing ball. Mahela looked in decent order in the second dig, then was involved in a terribly attempted quick single.

For SA Morkel seems the only concern in terms of form for the quicker bowlers, Steyn has looked in good rhythmn, while Vern goes from strength to strength, a very simple action and MO, doesn't try too much just hits the seam regularly and is consistently hitting the good areas, a McGrath-style philosophy and execution, just without the extra bounce.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
must have been good to see philander take some wickets though? your old sig said both he and amla were quota players. lol
I think your mistaking me for someone else tbh. Yeah Philander is great to watch, really impressed with him in these conditions. He's out-bowled Steyn in the past 3 Tests, some feat.

Briony

International Debutant
The thing that amuses me about Philander's interview is how rapidly he speaks, not necessarily what he says. And he chews his way through them. His bowling has probably even surprised his supporters. Definitely SA's bowler of the summer so far despite some detractors saying he wasn't worth his place before his first test.

Nomanculture

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ok so the first Test went according to plan. Can't see anything changing for the remaining two as well.

Steyn seems a bit annoyed and angry that Philander is overtaking him to be the leading bowler of the side. Looks a bit frustrated. But all in all further good signs for SA. What more can you ask for; producing someone from your own country who can better the number 1 bowler in the world...

But Steyn will get his own back when a tour of the subcontinent comes.

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah.......Tahir is getting quite annoying.

He gets tailenders out and celebrates as he has gotten the Don

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
yeah.......Tahir is getting quite annoying.

He gets tailenders out and celebrates as he has gotten the Don
Guy he got out yesterday is meant to be a decent batsman, isn't he? Done him like a kipper.

Philander isn't much against the tail, shows why he still won't make it as a limited overs bowler. Hope de Lange gets a go at Durban. Not a happy hunting ground for South Africa, so still hope for Sri Lanka...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tahir is just happy to be playing test cricket. Don't mind his huge celebrating. Steyn does it too tbf.

Nothing wrong with people actually showing emotion.

Can understand how it'd grate a few people, but I think it's nice.

Spark

Global Moderator
Tahir is just happy to be playing test cricket. Don't mind his huge celebrating. Steyn does it too tbf.

Nothing wrong with people actually showing emotion.

Can understand how it'd grate a few people, but I think it's nice.
Haha, Steyn does seriously go for it but have you seen Tahir's celebrations? They're insane.

You'd think he just won the WC for his country sometimes.

Briony

International Debutant
Guy he got out yesterday is meant to be a decent batsman, isn't he? Done him like a kipper.

Philander isn't much against the tail, shows why he still won't make it as a limited overs bowler. Hope de Lange gets a go at Durban. Not a happy hunting ground for South Africa, so still hope for Sri Lanka...

Would he replace Morkel or Tahir?