• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Huge majority of Indian fans in the stadium today. Cardiff has a decent Indian population with Universities and Indian companies around that part.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
I'd like to see them bowl Finn through his quota here. Looks to be a length bowler, is in tremendous nick right now and his extra pace means that he could go for a few in the death.

Not sure how much gas he has left in the tank. But, he's 22 and 10 overs on the trot shouldn't be an issue, IMHO.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd like to see them bowl Finn through his quota here. Looks to be a length bowler, is in tremendous nick right now and his extra pace means that he could go for a few in the death.

Not sure how much gas he has left in the tank. But, he's 22 and 10 overs on the trot shouldn't be an issue, IMHO.

Bop has got to bowl soon, it's in his contract, I think.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cook's learnt a lesson at least. When the choice is Ravi or Swanneh, well there really is no choice.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Can see why Rahane has a way better FC record than his List A one today and in the previous match.

Just could not pace his innings correctly. Almost needed a Sachin Tendulkar batting with him to tell him how to go about it in these conditions.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I think they should still persist with Rahane, though, if only as a back up to the other younger guys like Kohli and Raina (with a fully fit squad). He has the makings of a top class international in both formats.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Who are the weak links in this English attack? Bopara and Patel, perhaps?

Coz the main four look to be very disciplined and intent on not giving anything away. Finn or Bres could take some real punishment in the final stage of an innings though.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I think they should still persist with Rahane, though, if only as a back up to the other younger guys like Kohli and Raina (with a fully fit squad). He has the makings of a top class international in both formats.
Yeah, they need someone who can open as a backup in anycase in ODI's these days with Sachin playing hardly any ODI's and Sehwag and Gambhir usually missing alternate series.

Vijay failed badly there,so it is a clear oppurtunity for Rahane even though he has played most of his career in the middle order.