• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Bairstow a 100%, genuine ranga of the highest order.

At this point I should apologise to his old man, whom I mistakenly booed, along with 40,000 others, all the way to the middle of the SCG in 1979-80 in the mistaken belief it was Mike Brearley under the lid, the latter having recently told Dennis Lillee he couldn't use an aluminium bat in a test at the WACA.

Oops.
Lol! What a story.

Btw, wasn't David Bairstow a much better-built man than Brearley? Kinda surprised that you'd mistake one for the other.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Anyone else lol-ing at India getting destroyed by Cork, Mullaly, Lewis and Irani?

What an attack that was.

Also, Jack Russell looks a lot like the copper from the Village People.

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
Really heavy shower just a they were about to start, but it's only cost half an hour - and hopefully no reduction of overs.

I like to give myself a challenge, the fathers and sons teams can be done, but you don't get very well balanced sides:

Dads

Len Hutton
David Lloyd
Colin Cowdrey
Micky Stewart
Chris Broad
Joe Hardstaff, snr
Alan Butcher
David Bairstow
Arnie Sidebottom
Jeff Jones
Fred Tate

Lads

Mark Butcher
Alec Stewart
Joe Hardstaff, jnr
Graham Lloyd
Chris Cowdrey
Johnny Bairstow
Richard Hutton
Stuart Broad
Maurice Tate
Ryan Sidebottom
Simon Jones

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol! What a story.

Btw, wasn't David Bairstow a much better-built man than Brearley? Kinda surprised that you'd mistake one for the other.
He was listed on the scoreboard to come in next (Brearley). And tbf I was at the back of the Bradman Stand.

And 10 years old :)

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Lol..Fair enough, then!

R.I.P David Bairstow. Read a lot of good things about him in Sir Geoffrey' autobiography. Was perhaps the only man loved by most his colleagues in a very stormy Yorkshire camp at that time.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Is anyone else watching the Sky coverage of the 1996 series amused by the fact that Dravid doesn't seem to have aged at all in the 15 years since?

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Bresnan and Finn bowling to the Indian top-order should be interesting, to say the least. Someone told me on YouTube that Finn has bulked up a bit and is now sending them down at real pace. Cool, if that's true! :wub:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Bresnan and Finn bowling to the Indian top-order should be interesting, to say the least. Someone told me on YouTube that Finn has bulked up a bit and is now sending them down at real pace. Cool, if that's true! :wub:
Last game Finn bowled his entire spell at 90+. He's been doing it in limited overs cricket for Middlesex too, I'm told.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Some people felt that the other pacer Varun Aaron could have got a game. I don't know how good or how bad he's looked in the tour games and the nets. But they sure seem hesitant to play him.
Either they don't want to debut him in the ODI's or he hasn't looked too flash in the nets.