• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This tbh.

The advantage duckworth lewis gave us was written off by the loss of momentum and pressure.

Plus the wet ball was a added blow with spinners. No point debating it with you though as you seem to be interested in a youtube style flame war.:p
Haa, your trying to convince me with a Pews post, yeah sibanda would have won the world.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Not in ODIs he isn't. Scores his runs much faster than Broad does, which is what you want in this situation.
Swann's as a batsman is much under-used by England. Scores quicker than anyone else, I've no real idea why he's not pushed up the order on a pretty frequent basis when they need to get the scoreboard moving.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
That backfoot punch possibly decides the match. Good maturity by Bopara despite some severe technical shortcomings!

This was a very timely knock and although he didn't finish it, no one should hold that against him.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Swann's as a batsman is much under-used by England. Scores quicker than anyone else, I've no real idea why he's not pushed up the order on a pretty frequent basis when they need to get the scoreboard moving.
In Tests, I think batting him at 10 is fair enough, Broad and Bresnan are both better batsmen.

In ODIs he shouldn't be coming in after Broad.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No i am saving myself the bother of typing it over again.:p
I thought you said you were saving yourself a youtube style war, never posted on youtube myself. Yet you posted in seconds to my reply, still think Pews was talking nonsensical bollocks.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That backfoot punch possibly decides the match. Good maturity by Bopara despite some severe technical shortcomings!

This was a very timely knock and although he didn't finish it, no one should hold that against him.
Nah, players should be doing the job themselves, not relying on their team mates to do the job.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
In Tests, I think batting him at 10 is fair enough, Broad and Bresnan are both better batsmen.

In ODIs he shouldn't be coming in after Broad.
If he's going to bat at number 10 in a Test and we need a nightwatchman, why not send him in instead of Jimmy? If you send in Jimmy then chances are Swanny (or a better batsman) will be stranded not out anyway.

And if Swanny's gone in as nightwatchman then in the morning he's got a the ability to cause serious damage to an attack and get things moving in a big way.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If he's going to bat at number 10 in a Test and we need a nightwatchman, why not send him in instead of Jimmy? If you send in Jimmy then chances are Swanny (or a better batsman) will be stranded not out anyway.

And if Swanny's gone in as nightwatchman then in the morning he's got a the ability to cause serious damage to an attack and get things moving in a big way.
Now that I definitely agree with.