• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Suppiah playing a beauty here, striking at well over 100 with 7 4s but proper cricket shots all. Good to watch.
He does play some beautifully classic cricket shots. Good that the Sky coms thought that 219 was a competitive total at Taunton, well it maybe in a t/20.

Still can't muster too much enthusiasm, just another 2nd place.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
God Parnell you dire ****. Why aren't Naved ul Hasan or Gul playing? Even Anyon would do.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
God Parnell you dire ****. Why aren't Naved ul Hasan or Gul playing? Even Anyon would do.
I think Gul either left a while ago or got injured a while ago. Haven't seen him out for Sussex for ages and he's not playing in the Test series.

grecian

Really hope Prior doesn't score any runs here, he'll be back in the England ODI team in a shot.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Gul either left a while ago or got injured a while ago. Haven't seen him out for Sussex for ages and he's not playing in the Test series.
Must be I guess. What's the rule with overseas players? Just one per game isn't it?

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
He does play some beautifully classic cricket shots. Good that the Sky coms thought that 219 was a competitive total at Taunton, well it maybe in a t/20.

Still can't muster too much enthusiasm, just another 2nd place.
You've got plenty of good young players appearing out of nowhere, which is good. Half your side seem to be out but Jones played nicely, Meschede and Gregory look decent allrounders, even a legspinner although I haven't seen much of him. Wouldn't worry about immediate success too much when you've got these guys coming through.

grecian

You've got plenty of good young players appearing out of nowhere, which is good. Half your side seem to be out but Jones played nicely, Meschede and Gregory look decent allrounders, even a legspinner although I haven't seen much of him. Wouldn't worry about immediate success too much when you've got these guys coming through.
Oh, it's been a shocking year for injuries, and we've gone for youth. Yet the likes of Kartik and Hildreth have really disappointed. Interesting that Gregory was picked for his batting this match.

Want to win the Championship, and we need more consistency, and less of guys that look like bits-and-piecers.

Yet, I wouldn't mind winng any comp ATM.

stumpski

International Captain
Well it's looking good, but while I obviously want to see Surrey win some silverware for the first time since 2003, I don't want us to be the team that pips Somerset to yet another title.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well it's looking good, but while I obviously want to see Surrey win some silverware for the first time since 2003, I don't want us to be the team that pips Somerset to yet another title.

:laugh: I was thinking I don't want Surrey to win the title, but it would be funny if Somerset were runners up again.

Scaly piscine

Come on Notts & Hampshire.

Lancashire 60-2, so that's about half of their designated batsmen out. Warwickshire one down but just gone off for bad light...

fredfertang

Would love to see Lanky get to 250, though at 104-4 and no Saj for a quick 30-40 I think its unlikely - still if we can stretch it to a fourth innings I doubt Hants will fancy chasing too many against Keedy and Kerrigan

Murtini

School Boy/Girl Captain
Cross gone, Chapple in and then when he gets out, Hogg who has saved Lancs so many times will have to do again.

fredfertang

337-7 way beyond my expectations so yes Hants can't have bowled to well ............... and neither have ****ing Notts

Woodster

International Captain
That's going to swing stupidly. Really stupidly.

Good thing it's not Leicestershire. You'd only get one night's trial.
You would expect the ball to be moving around later in the day under the lights, however, I think credit to them for trying the concept. It may be that England do not necessarily need to make too many changes to the way Test matches are staged, such is their continued popularity, but this is only an experiment. Certainly in terms of County cricket I'd be most interested in attending after work for a few hours.