• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Still basking in sunshine here. Clearly shouldn't be allowed to play international cricket north of Watford.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You're taking the wrong perspective. India has finally manage to not lose a match. India's tour has well and truly started. :cool:
:laugh:

It is poetic justice that we don win a game all tour.. Our selectors, our cricketers and our admins deserve this. :(

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Injured 10 (need a 11th player)

tendulkar, sehwag, gambhir, yuvraj, pujara, rohit, harbhajan, zaheer, ishant, nehra.... and 1 more

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Geez.. everything is going England's way this series I swear lol. Had this game in the bag really.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
England's Non-Playing XI:

Trescothick
Davies(wk)
Strauss
Pietersen
Taylor
Bopara
Buttler
Woakes
Swann
Finn
Onions

Just as many missing for England.

Jacknife

International Captain
Geez.. everything is going England's way this series I swear lol. Had this game in the bag really.
Bit of a stretch to sat the least to say you had in the bag, even with the openers gone I'd have fancied England to chase 270 odd down, given the 50 overs and that the pitch was flat.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
England's Non-Playing XI:

Trescothick
Davies(wk)
Strauss
Pietersen
Taylor
Bopara
Buttler
Woakes
Swann
Finn
Onions

Just as many missing for England.
Only Swann and Pietersen would/could get in the team. Even then KP's been 'rested'.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Bit of a stretch to sat the least to say you had in the bag, even with the openers gone I'd have fancied England to chase 270 odd down, given the 50 overs.
I don't, by "in the bag" I mean the end result would have been an Indian win from that position. I'd back India 8/10 times to win from there. Not to mention any rain intervention (barring the complete washout which eventually happened) would have benefited India.

Jacknife

International Captain
I don't, by "in the bag" I mean the end result would have been an Indian win from that position. I'd back India 8/10 times to win from there. Not to mention any rain intervention (barring the complete washout which eventually happened) would have benefited India.
One of those things, as a Indian supporter you'd back your team and I'd back my team to chase down a par score. If the game had continued after the rain, it would have defo favored the Indian side mind.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha I don't think most Indian supporters would be backing our team to win from any position tbh. Had a rotten tour, and half the World Cup winning team isn't playing.

I'm sure we'd have found a way to lose that match.

Jacknife

International Captain
Haha I don't think most Indian supporters would be backing our team to win from any position tbh. Had a rotten tour, and half the World Cup winning team isn't playing.

That's what I was going to say but I was being kind.:ph34r:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year

Yeah but most Indian supporters also start bashing/loving a player after one bad/good match too. We have a habit of going to extremes and jumping the gun a lot of the time. And the World Cup team thing is getting a tiny bit irritating to me, I mean I understand that the WC players are overall better, but by saying we're missing WC players is sort of discrediting a lot of the work the likes of PK, Munaf, Parthiv Patel and co have done in the past. Truth is these guys have played more ODI's in the lead up to the WC then Zak, Bhajji and all those guys and have performed well overall. Really the only one WC player who I'd genuinely be "missing" right now is Yuvi. As far as I'm concerned he's an ATG ODI player, and his bowling would have been handy as well. As for the rest, would I loved to have em playing? For sure.. but I'm not really annoyed that they're missing, since our ODI line up (unlike our test team) has had a really good rotation policy since almost 2008 I'd say. And if Sachin and Rohit hadn't gotten injured today, then I'd would have tipped India to win this 4-1 (or 3-1). With them 2 out now it's looking more like 2-2.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
My post was slightly in jest at the idea that the English would have thought they'd have won and the Indians would have thought they'd have won before the rain came. Just saying that's not necessarily true.