• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I realise D/L is based on "resources" available and England are 2 down.

But that is an absurd recalculation.

England have been stuffed good and proper by the D/L!

Thank God it's raining! Phew! Deserved to rain there because that calculation was absurd!
The exact same argument was put forward by Irish fans during the England-Ireland game and countered by English fans. Just goes to show how bias towards one's own team plays towards criticism of D/L by fans.

Edit: Anyways I dont think it would matter now that the rain is back.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
The exact same argument was put forward by Irish fans during the England-Ireland game and countered by English fans. Just goes to show how bias towards one's own team plays towards criticism of D/L by fans.

Edit: Anyways I dont think it would matter now that the rain is back.
Nice of you to generalise 'England fans' when there is one person slamming the D/L.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm sure that D/L favours the chasing side. All we're seeing here is the penalty for making such a ****house start.

CricAddict - do please remember that "England fans" are not a single entity.

AlwaysProteas

U19 12th Man
I realise D/L is based on "resources" available and England are 2 down.

But that is an absurd recalculation.

England have been stuffed good and proper by the D/L!

Thank God it's raining! Phew! Deserved to rain there because that calculation was absurd!
You think that's bad?

OMM!

U19 12th Man
D/L is saying England would need 164 in 20 overs if it was reduced to 20 overs.

I'd say 164 in 20 is about fair, if the side batting first get 274. That seems equivalent.

HOWEVER! England have already batted 7.2 overs in a 50 over game! How the hell can it still be 164?!

It should be about 100-110 more in 12.4 overs in my opinion. No way should they need to be going at 11 an over!!!

If they were starting at 0 overs and had to bat 20 overs, then 164 is fine. But 137 in 12.4 is absurd! Especially as India only got 274 not 350!

Howe_zat

Audio File
D/L is saying England would need 164 in 20 overs if it was reduced to 20 overs.

I'd say 164 in 20 is about fair, if the side batting first get 274. That seems equivalent.

HOWEVER! England have already batted 7.2 overs in a 50 over game! How the hell can it still be 164?!

It should be about 100-110 more in 12.4 overs in my opinion. No way should they need to be going at 11 an over!!!

If they were starting at 0 overs and had to bat 20 overs, then 164 is fine. But 137 in 12.4 is absurd! Especially as India only got 274 not 350!
Don't think we can blame D/L for our ****ty start. If we'd gone and got 35/0 we'd be well in.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
At the rate Trott and Bell were striking, we'd have comfortably chased any total set to us. I'd count India incredibly fortunate there... bloody rain.

Jacknife

International Captain
Don't think we can blame D/L for our ****ty start. If we'd gone and got 35/0 we'd be well in.
Agree, it's usually better for the chasing side if the rain has fallen inbetween innings, so you come out to bat knowing where you are. You can always recover from a slow start when it's 50 overs.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Agree, it's usually better for the chasing side if the rain has fallen inbetween innings, so you come out to bat knowing where you are. You can always recover from a slow start when it's 50 overs.
True. But it's not as though we went about chasing 275 in the right way. We were well behind, and the D/L just made it obvious.

Last edited:

shankar

International Debutant
Just watching the World Cup recap they're showing on Sky just now. Kiwi fans will love their summing up of the Semifinalists: Pakistan have the potential (or something similiar), India the star quality, S.Lanka the class and N.Zealand.............the SPIRIT.