• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So who do u guys think will be sent as a replacement for rohit???

Badrinath or Manoj Tiwary or Saurabh Tiwary?

I would personally would want Badrinath as the replacment. Trott is looking really good
Hmmm.. tough one.

Out of those 3 i would certainly prefer Badrinath but those 2 have been playing in Australia(and scoring runs in the emerging players tournament) while Badrinath hasn't played since the WI tour ODI's.
But don't want Badrinath's test chances being affected by ODI'S like last time:(, though at the same time it could work in his favor too.

So many contradictios but will still pick Badrinath,Pathan or even Pandey,Menaria in that order ahead of the 2 Tiwary's right now.

Sachin might need replacing too, and that will be down too between Mukund and Dhawan i would imagine with Dhawan the favorite knowing the Indian selectors pattern.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Kieswetter's destroying his chances of a long Test career!

Davies has had 2 cracking FC games for Surrey lately and now CK showing he can't play seam or swing. Davies has probably saved his place as back up keeper!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Kieswetter's destroying his chances of a long Test career
What as? There's no way on Earth he should be anywhere near the Test side and is lucky he's playing ODIs - be interesting to see what he (and Buttler) choose to do for the WI series coming up.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
What as? There's no way on Earth he should be anywhere near the Test side and is lucky he's playing ODIs - be interesting to see what he (and Buttler) choose to do for the WI series coming up.
That's just T20s, yeah? They'd be better off going to the champions league IMO, because for sure those matches will be rained off.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's just T20s, yeah? They'd be better off going to the champions league IMO, because for sure those matches will be rained off.
We shouldn't pick them. Let them play Champions League and go with either Bairstow or Davies. Not like we are short of options is it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My question is how the selectors react to them making that call - do they then leave them out for future games? Personally I think they should, especially in the case of Kieswetter who's to be honest has never yet shown himself to be up to it.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
My question is how the selectors react to them making that call - do they then leave them out for future games? Personally I think they should, especially in the case of Kieswetter who's to be honest has never yet shown himself to be up to it.
Should be the selectors making that call, not the players.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Someone on Twitter points out that India are only a couple of knocks away from the "Injured on England 2011 tour XI".

Sehwag
Gambhir
Tendulkar
Yuvraj
Rohit
-
-
Harbhajan
Praveen
Zaheer
Ishant

Just Dravid and Dhoni needed to complete the set.
Forgot Pujara. Just needs a keeper, then.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
I'd quite like to see Buttler in as the keeper batting down at 6 or 7 as the finisher.

Open with Cook and Bell (KP at 4) in England and Cook and Pietersen abroad.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
So England need 224 in 32 overs overall.

India scored 274 in 50 overs.

Laughable. Time to scrap D/L it's laughable!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks a rather tough D/L revision for England. ~8 an over across 25. The effect of the rubbish start really amplified.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
I realise D/L is based on "resources" available and England are 2 down.

But that is an absurd recalculation.

England have been stuffed good and proper by the D/L!

Thank God it's raining! Phew! Deserved to rain there because that calculation was absurd!

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah its a bit steep, but we should have known rain would affect the game and dibbling about against gentle swing and seam was completely absurd. Only have ourselves to blame after such a poor start.

Bun

Banned
Lol at the whingeing. Yeah DL was introduced only yesterday and ECB agreed to it after BCCI put a gun to it's head.