• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour Matches

Anku31

U19 Vice-Captain
Good Indian team selection IMO.Everyone gets a chance to show his form.Zaheer,Ishant & Praveen are likely to be the combination in first test.Sreesanth,Munaf & Mishra are getting a chance here for match practice in case we need them as replacements in the rest of the three tests.
Dhoni gets a rest which is good given that he will have to keep wickets in four consecutive tests.
There would be stiff competition between Raina & Yuvraj for the no.6 spot in the first test.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Strauss has just played a couple of imperious drives back through straight mid off against Zaheer. Looking comfortable and with time on his side, unlike Suppiah who looks distinctly iffy. Munaf on now in place of Sree.
Ooo are you watching it? If so, how?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Theres no cricinfo commentary for the game. Really want to watch this, Strauss seems to be going well.

Neil Pickup

Ooo are you watching it? If so, how?
I'm at the County Ground. Figured it would be my one chance to see Tendulkar bat for real before he packed it in, so not overly delighted to see Somerset batting, as well as Strauss is playing - has been too early on his shots if anything - Munaf has looked a little stiff so far.

Another couple observations: (1) the straight boundaries here really are stupidly small - the 1st XI pitch at school is longer and (2) Saha might struggle when the ball really moves - he has already taken a couple with a knee on the ground because has committed too early and been left out of line.

Neil Pickup

How was Sreesanth's rythm Neil (he's coming back from an injury)? and was he wayward?
Missed his first spell (traffic) but he's back on at my end now and has just tried to bounce Strauss twice, with the ball disappearing through square leg both time to take him to 50. He's also just followed that up with a leg stump half volley that Strauss flicked through fine leg for his 12th boundary of the morning. Looks somewhat guilty of over-trying at the moment.

Mishra on for Munaf.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Straussy tonking it. Lovely.

With respect to Suppiah who's a good player, it'd be nice to see him rise above his teammates today too.

shankar

International Debutant
Missed his first spell (traffic) but he's back on at my end now and has just tried to bounce Strauss twice, with the ball disappearing through square leg both time to take him to 50. He's also just followed that up with a leg stump half volley that Strauss flicked through fine leg for his 12th boundary of the morning. Looks somewhat guilty of over-trying at the moment.
Just as usual then...Cheers.

Rush

Banned
Are you f-cking kidding me, the one guy in the English top order who was basically a walking wicket is on 60 off 72 with 13 ****ing boundaries and a SR of 82.

vcs

Ah. Strauss is always a joy to watch and it would have been fun to watch him score runs in a warmup game against us.

EDIT : It seems he's gone now, anyway. Good knock though.

Neil Pickup

Bugger - deserved 100 there. Looked like it might just have been a bit too close to cut, but having hit the last two boundaries with a sweep and cut, I suppose he thought fair game. Would have taken 78 this morning, I'm sure.