• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour Matches

Jacknife

International Captain
Sounds a decent knock and just what the doctor ordered, a quick 78 off 98, will have done him the world of good.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Taunton is said to be notoriously flat, isn't it? Perhaps a more bowling-friendly wicket would be better practice given the conditions we are likely to face... then again, the first game is at Lord's.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Christ... this is a tour game. You tend to try and force the pace in a tour game, so no qualms about getting out playing an attacking stroke.

Considering he was getting out for 2 in a 2nd division game a few weeks ago, I'd say this 78 is a good sign, yes.

Neil Pickup

I am now looking West as I head into town to get some lunch, the wind is blowing in my face and there is a massive bank of sheet metal grey cloud looming over Exmoor. Chance of me seeing Sachin bay today << chance of me playing international cricket

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I see perhaps Fletcher's hand in leaving out PK....in which case it doesn't matter what he does in terms of actually being effective, his speed will be enough to bias some people against him forever in favor of....MUNAF PATEL FFS...

I hope it's not true but if it is and it's Fletcher...then WAC.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Given England's middle order, if it gets to the point where how Strauss plays legspin is of interest, he's done his job.
Also India are unlikely to play a leg spinner in any case, so he will have to get to the point where we bowl Sachin or Mukund.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I see perhaps Fletcher's hand in leaving out PK....in which case it doesn't matter what he does in terms of actually being effective, his speed will be enough to bias some people against him forever in favor of....MUNAF PATEL FFS...

I hope it's not true but if it is and it's Fletcher...then WAC.
Or it might be that just the players who got enough match practice in West indies are not playing.

If Munaf Patel plays a test ahead of Praveen i will seriously rage though...

vcs

Or it might be that just the players who got enough match practice in West indies are not playing.

If Munaf Patel plays a test ahead of Praveen i will seriously rage though...
AWTA. Munaf has done sweet FA to play ahead of Praveen.