• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This match tonight is a flashpoint in the careers of Ponting, Nielsen and Hildick.

On top of the Ashes debacle, an exit tonight would be fatal for at least two of the aforementioned.

It would just create an unstoppable momentum.

All the chips are on the table tonight.

A loss tonight would also make my post-Ashes review one of the most anticipated sporting documents released in quite some time.
I never knew you were doing a post-Ashes review :ph34r:

biased indian

International Coach
if we want to win it today... there is only one possibility of it happening

Win toss + bat first + score 350 runs before 46th over

salman85

International Debutant
This game has a big 'high scoring cliffhanger' banner all over it.Which is kind of sad since a low scoring cliffhanger is much more fun.Hopefully it's the latter.

smash84

The Tiger King
I'd give a highlights package of our World Cup feats but It may need to be delivered in a DVD bundle
:laugh:

Tough one this, I kind of want both teams to win in a funny way (Australia, because it would be hilarious watching how ridiculously ott the reaction of the Indian media would be, and India because it would be even more hilarious watching how ott the same media's reaction would be to a loss to Pakistan in the semi's).

Given the pitch is meant to offer a bit of turn, I have to say India.
lol..........yeah I wonder what the Indian media's reaction will be if India lose any of these matches????

This game is awesome. Win-win from situation where I'm sitting.:happy:
same here. Even though Pakistan is through to the semi finals for the first time in 12 years and there has been a lot of dancing on the streets last night but still people are looking forward to today's match.

TBH any sort of cliffhanger would be an immeasurable improvement on yesterday.
awta

Leg Cutter

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Brett Lee, Shaun Tait and Mitchell Johnson is the key for Aussies.. Just back of a length could make bog difference in Indian batting line..

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
May the best side win and both sets of fans enjoy the ride.

Can't see that happening like but thought i'd say it anyway.

No real personal feelings on this one, seeing Australia lose would be funny, but not as funny as seeing thousands of Indians crying and going quiet. What the hell, go Aussies.:laugh:

smash84

The Tiger King

No real personal feelings on this one, seeing Australia lose would be funny, but not as funny as seeing thousands of Indians crying and going quiet. What the hell, go Aussies.:laugh:
haha......yeah........I can't say which side I am on but can only imagine the storm that the indian media will create if India lose.........that would be fun..........

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well I won't be in this thread tonight, so good luck to both teams. Obviously I'm hoping for an Indian win but importantly, let's hope we have a memorable match. A thriller would be nice.

Hopefully the next time I check this thread it won't have deteriorated.

Please just ignore the trolls and don't ruin the thread :)

Go India!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well I won't be in this thread tonight, so good luck to both teams. Obviously I'm hoping for an Indian win but importantly, let's hope we have a memorable match. A thriller would be nice.

Hopefully the next time I check this thread it won't have deteriorated.

Please just ignore the trolls and don't ruin the thread :)

Go India!
WAC

z

Xuhaib

International Coach
Indian on the back of Sachin's 100 hundred scores 316/7 Kohli and Pathan chipping in with 50's of contrasting styles. Munaf pies brings Ponting back in to form his 143 takes Australia on the brink.Aus needs 11 to win of 17 ball with 4 wickes left Zaheer gets an astonishing hatrick to put India back in it. Tait and Davus Hussey takes Aus closer Tait gets run out with the scores tied.ICC decides both sides not good enough to play Pakistan hence disqualifies both the teams Pakistan marches to the Final in Mumbai.

Just my 2 cents on the game.:cool:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

Good man

CARN STRAYA.

May India be the losing team

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
So Sehwag replaces Pathan. The change that I supported earlier. Hope Raina gives a little bit of stability down the order that Pathan was not able to give.