• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teja.

Global Moderator
:laugh:

There are some Teja type characters here amongst my friends who can irritate the crap out of the rest of the spectators. They clap when a Pak wicket falls and dance when a Pak bowler goes for runs and cheer the opposition. Teja seems like one of those...........

Teja WAG.....
Haha, no. Honestly, and I speak mainly about my support for the test team here as I'm not very emotionally attached to the ODI team, I love my team more than anyone else. I probably like the Indian cricket test team more than the sport itself but unlike most people who support their team, I don't usually have too much confidence in them. This can lead to rants which might sometimes come across as me hating the team but nah, not really. I don't see being optimistic about your team's prospects as a necessary prerequisite for being a team supporter tbh.

But then that's about the test team. As for the ODIs, While I'd like India to win the cup, I wouldn't be too unhappy if Pak or SA won, particularly the latter.

salman85

International Debutant
I would find Turbinator's avatar mildly amusing if Hussey scores a match winning ton tomorrow.A person joining the forum would thank of him as the biggest jinx-fail known to the internet :D

smash84

The Tiger King
I love my team more than anyone else. I probably like the Indian cricket test team more than the sport itself but unlike most people who support their team, I don't usually have too much confidence in them. This can lead to rants which might sometimes come across as me hating the team but nah, not really. I don't see being optimistic about your team's prospects as a necessary prerequisite for being a team supporter tbh.
haha........yeah I know you like your team........keep it up dude...........:cool:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbh this entire situation just makes me think of India as the boy who's madly in love with Pakistan, a really hot chick. And Australia being Pakistan's dad wants to spoil the party and stop India from sneaking into Pakistan's room from the window late at night.

Point being - Australia don't be the grumpy, obnoxious dad, and let India and Pakistan meet in the semis. :p

smash84

The Tiger King
Tbh this entire situation just makes me think of India as the boy who's madly in love with Pakistan, a really hot chick. And Australia being Pakistan's dad wants to spoil the party and stop India from sneaking into Pakistan's room from the window late at night.

Point being - Australia don't be the grumpy, obnoxious dad, and let India and Pakistan meet in the semis. :p
lol..........

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year

OMG LOL :laugh:

I believe Australia are favourites to win this game 60-40

nidoccj

Cricket Spectator
I think India is capable enough to defeat Australia in Today's game. Pakistan was defeated by australia in 1999's final and now pakistan defeat australia as a revenge. now its time for india.

india was also defeated in final of 2003 by austrlia. and now india have a very good chance to win this game and meet pakistan in semi final. it india wins the game, we will see a semi that will be remembered for many ages.

BeeGee

International Captain

Good luck with that.

I believe Australia are favourites to win this game 60-40
I'd have it the other way round. India 60-40.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach

Lol I think you have it wrong mate. India is the ugly chick that is lusting after Pakistan the good looking guy. The only thing between them is India's older bro Australia (remember Indians are always the in-laws - Malik and Sania; Mohsin Hasan Khan and Reena Roy). :p

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol I think you have it wrong mate. India is the ugly chick that is lusting after Pakistan the good looking guy. The only thing between them is India's older bro Australia (remember Indians are always the in-laws - Malik and Sania; Mohsin Hasan Khan and Reena Roy). :p
Haha, considering the couples you just mentioned above, I certainly wouldn't call Pakistan the good looking guy or India the ugly chick. :p

Fusion

Global Moderator

Turb, and I say this with affection, you are weird. :p

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think what I am advocating is a similar mind-game tactic with an important difference: he is relying on them to screw-up; whereas I think we should be confident in our own abilities. As much as the interview may get into the minds of the Indians, it will also send a message to our own players and IMO that is a weak one - essentially, we're trying to put the onus on them, the pressure on them, because we need it to win.

Maybe it's a small difference, but I'd much rather the attitude is "I don't care what India do...as long as we do what we know we can do, we'll win".
It won't work as well because what you said doesn't allow for how psychology plays a part here. If Nielson said what you advocate, it risks the message being received in a mixed way. He's trying to make the whole thing about India and even evoked the grand final of '03. All the press, all the pressure, all the **** that goes with it. The name of the game is cognitive dissonance, not inspiration (which if the Aussie supports are doing their jobs, is being handled internally anyway). If achieved, it takes mental resources away from dealing with the matter at hand, i.e. winning the game. Trying to cover all bases psychologically in a press release risks none of the message being adopted by anyone. It's not a science, though, it's an art so it won't work every time. Now, of course, the Aussies have to back up what he says with execution.

Put more simply, never (ever) take what a ****ing keeper says at face value.

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
This match tonight is a flashpoint in the careers of Ponting, Nielsen and Hildick.

On top of the Ashes debacle, an exit tonight would be fatal for at least two of the aforementioned.

It would just create an unstoppable momentum.

All the chips are on the table tonight.

A loss tonight would also make my post-Ashes review one of the most anticipated sporting documents released in quite some time.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
So I was watching the evening news today while eating dinner. And to my surprise, the news about this game was being covered. I was completely shocked. No cricket ever gets coverage by news channels here. Ok I know it was only for about 2 minutes, but still.

Goes to show, you know a game is big when a non-cricket playing nation's primary news channel is covering it. They even had HD footage available from both the team's previous matches. And what's more surprising is, they didn't have some Indo-Canadian or British-Canadian dude presenting it. It was one of their prominent female sports broadcasters, and she did her homework, seemed quite knowledgeable. Probably just spent about 30 min on Cricinfo, but still.