• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slugger

State Vice-Captain
So I was watching the evening news today while eating dinner. And to my surprise, the news about this game was being covered. I was completely shocked. No cricket ever gets coverage by news channels here. Ok I know it was only for about 2 minutes, but still.

Goes to show, you know a game is big when a non-cricket playing nation's primary news channel is covering it. They even had HD footage available from both the team's previous matches. And what's more surprising is, they didn't have some Indo-Canadian or British-Canadian dude presenting it. It was one of their prominent female sports broadcasters, and she did her homework, seemed quite knowledgeable. Probably just spent about 30 min on Cricinfo, but still.
that sounds incredible. I was listening to USA fox sport on radio and they didnt even mention anything egarding a cricket world cup. Yanks dont know what theyre missing.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bloody hell, there are fewer than 100 less posts in this thread than the WI v Pakistan match, and that match has been played already.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Tough one this, I kind of want both teams to win in a funny way (Australia, because it would be hilarious watching how ridiculously ott the reaction of the Indian media would be, and India because it would be even more hilarious watching how ott the same media's reaction would be to a loss to Pakistan in the semi's).

Given the pitch is meant to offer a bit of turn, I have to say India.

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
This match tonight is a flashpoint in the careers of Ponting, Nielsen and Hildick.

On top of the Ashes debacle, an exit tonight would be fatal for at least two of the aforementioned.

It would just create an unstoppable momentum.

All the chips are on the table tonight.

A loss tonight would also make my post-Ashes review one of the most anticipated sporting documents released in quite some time.
Even if we win the next three ODIs by 100 runs each, Hilditch will be queuing up at Centrelink when the CA review is completed. What a bell-end. :yucky:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
If Australia win this, will we see the ICC adjust the next world cup so india can't be knocked out before the final?

slugger

State Vice-Captain
most likely... theyve done their best this time. but if the team cant win, then the team cant win what more can you do, but just hand the cup to them.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
It is with most unfortunate that I tell you I can not see the game being played between these two sides today. I wish both sides all of the luck and I am thinking we share a cracker!!

Chak de India!

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is with most unfortunate that I tell you I can not see the game being played between these two sides today. I wish both sides all of the luck and I am thinking we share a cracker!!

Chak de India!
:blink:

Can't see Australia winning tonight, btw. But will be watching with hope.