• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 15 - England v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Did Dhoni bat second dig did he? No. So he can STFU, making excuses for his team's piss poor defence.

I'd be embarassed if I heard Strauss saying that tonight.
Bitter much?:p

If someone else had made this post ,you would be complaing ad - nauseum about it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They had a break after the training camp ,though?
They flew to Australia in October. The home season ended in September. The training camp came between these. Move along.

Bitter much?:p

If someone else had made this post ,you would be complaing ad - nauseum about it.
A - no I wouldn't
B - I already apologised for it anyway
C - you're easily the most annoying poster on CW

Jacknife

International Captain
Australia toured India AND hosted SL an odi/t20 series BEFORE the Ashes even started

That's an infinitely tougher schedule than Eng (also goes some way to explaining why several of our potential squad e.g. Harris, Bollinger, Hauritz, Hussey, etc are sitting at home with injuries)

The "tiredness" excuse is just that, an excuse

No-one would be mentioning it if they had been winning
They played India in the first 2 weeks of October then came home and 2 weeks later they played Sri lanka in one T20 and 3 Odi's that lasted 8 days up to 7 November.There were plenty of time between these and they got to spend time at home and relax, but before this they hadn't played since Pakistan in England and that was the beginning of July.
It's not the case though that no one would be mentioning it if they were winning, it got brough up in the warm ups and after the Dutch game, they could have got past Ireland yesterday if it wasn't for that one off innings and there would still be questions about the way they have been fielding because they never have fielded this badly before.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
They flew to Australia in October. The home season ended in September. The training camp came between these. Move along.
The training camp was for 5 days and started in september.

The flew out to Australia on 29th october.

Don't know how good you are in counting but a quick look at the calendar will tell you that 29th is not either the 4th or 5th day in october.:p

A - no I wouldn't
B - I already apologised for it anyway
C - you're easily the most annoying poster on CW
A)Yes you would.

B)Fair Enough Then. Guess i missed it.Was a bit understandable in any case.

C) I take that as a compliment i guess.:ph34r:

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No I wouldn't. I think I know myself better than some guy on the other side of the world.

Oh and re the 3 weeks or so between the training camp and flying out - fine - but do you think the players were resting? Do you think it was actually a break?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think after the ashes they switched off a bit thinking they could swith it back on again when the World Cup started and they have been found out, that is all. No side is capable of coasting and then stepping it up on the odd occasion apart from Pakistan but that is for different reasons. Just look at the fielding between ashes and now.

The daft thing is England are just as likely to win the 3 remaining group games then get stuffed in the quarters as they are to exit now. You just don't know with them what will happen.

kingkallis

International Coach
sad wc so far

minnows making it more and more fugly day by day
:D

This Ireland unit remind me of NZ from 92 but not as good, a bunch of dibbly dobbly and loopy doopy bowlers who just try to squeeze the batsman and wait for mistakes.
:D

Yep, lets hope the World Cup Final is his last ever ODI and Davies gets his place back in the side.
Prior wont play it my friend :D

Very flat deck this Ireland have hit back well if they make a good start, then it is game on here!
You got it right!

If this partnership can last 10 more overs then this could get very interesting!
Again...

England seriously wtf?!

First the Dutch and now the Irish

You guys deserve to lose if you cannot poach anyone with a heartbeat that lives within swimming distance

Sack the administrators, I say
hahahaha :laugh:

Tbf, would say all the top four are looking good, you're right in the form of others thereafter in the batting line-up, but it's diffcult to assess when they're coming in in the dying embers of an innings and are there to simply throw the bat. I certainly have more confidence in Bopara than I do of Yardy with the bat, and don't think we'd lose too much in the bowling department by replacing Yardy.

If Steyn, Tahir, Morkel and co do wreak some havoc early then we may struggle, however, I would suggest the same applies to SA though, if we can wangle their top five out pretty cheaply. But with our current bowling form that does seem rather unlikely.
You yourself said it mate. English bowling looks a bit off color these days.

Kyle McCallan was in the Sky studio up here and he said there's a feeling in the Irish camp that they've done more than Bangladesh had when they were promoted to test status.

Has a point.
Get Morgan and you surely can look good for test status too.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sorry but there is no way Australia's schedule was tougher than England's. Our players went straight from ODIs V Pak into a training camp and then over to Australia. They went straight from the T20 WC into the home season. Before the T20 they were in Bangladesh, the UAE before that, Saffa before that, Saffa for the CT before that, home 09 season before that including a T20 WC and an Ashes series...

Get the picture?
Yeah, youre reaching

It's literally laughable to suggest that a team that is putting their feet up in front of a fire is doing it tougher that a side touring India and entertaining one of the world's best sides in an odi series

But hey, if that helps the English cope with being beaten by a group of park cricketers, then good luck to them

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, youre reaching

It's literally laughable to suggest that a team that is putting their feet up in front of a fire is doing it tougher that a side touring India and entertaining one of the world's best sides in an odi series

But hey, if that helps the English cope with being beaten by a group of park cricketers, then good luck to them
Ah this is the goodwill that occurred in the Ashes threads but not the India vs. England thread :ph34r:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think that's a harsh reply. Marcuss was just stating a fact, that they toured long.

I think players that complain about tours are whingers and should stfu considering how much they are paid and the lifestyle they get to lead, but it is a fact that players get jaded. I have no doubt that the Indian team by the end of the 2003/04 tour didn't want to be in Australia anymore as they had been away for ages. They looked shot in the finals of the ODI series.

It's not too farfetched to think England would be going through the same thing. It doesn't excuse losing to Ireland defending 328 and having them 5/111. But it can explain their loss of intensity in recent times, most evident through their fielding.

The players aren't robots after all.
Not really coz they don't seem that jaded when batting.. :p

If they were poor all along, I can kinda see a semblance of a point there but sorry, this doesn't wash.

India in 2003 sucked towards the end with the bat too... not juz while fielding and bowling. I just think England were done in because of a great batting performance and them really juz taking the foot off the pedal after that 25 over period and the wicket definitely comes on easier in the night, I guess and folks like KOB are able to line up the bowlers...

Funny how England didn't look jaded when Swanneh was ripping them about...

I don't mean to be harsh, Jono but that was a piss poor excuse.. It is a fact that they have been on the road for long. It is NOT a fact that it was causing their poor performance.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
will like to see how many players part of the current England team will play IPL its start with in a week after world cup

Edit: don't think there are that many English players in IPL but still KP,Board are there rt ?
What I would really LOVE to see is the response when we mention that as an excuse if India plays poorly in England and England win... That our guys are playing nonstop cricket and are jaded.. I can pretty much bet on what the reaction would be and it most certainly won't be Jono's to my post here.. :)

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not really coz they don't seem that jaded when batting.. :p

If they were poor all along, I can kinda see a semblance of a point there but sorry, this doesn't wash.

India in 2003 sucked towards the end with the bat too... not juz while fielding and bowling. I just think England were done in because of a great batting performance and them really juz taking the foot off the pedal after that 25 over period and the wicket definitely comes on easier in the night, I guess and folks like KOB are able to line up the bowlers...

Funny how England didn't look jaded when Swanneh was ripping them about...

I don't mean to be harsh, Jono but that was a piss poor excuse.. It is a fact that they have been on the road for long. It is NOT a fact that it was causing their poor performance.
No, that monkey does not have 7 arms!

- See I can respond to things you haven't said too....

Howe_zat

Audio File
What I would really LOVE to see is the response when we mention that as an excuse if India plays poorly in England and England win... That our guys are playing nonstop cricket and are jaded.. I can pretty much bet on what the reaction would be and it most certainly won't be Jono's to my post here.. :)
Can't see much logic in complaining about hypothetical posts, mate.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
There'd be some posters defending the position. Some posters saying it doesn't matter and the team should be performing better anyway. There'd be some posters arguing about who has the toughest schedule and lastly the odd person saying "You wouldn't be accept that excuse if it was MY team."

In other words it wouldn't be a shred different.

Last edited: