• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 15 - England v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
So yet another epic unforgettable one-dayer in the last year. Yeah, the format's dead.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh:

Was woken up at 10am this morning with a message from my missus (her mum's Irish) asking if Ireland actually beat England last night. Best thing to wake up to.

Can't wait to catch a replay of the innings.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sports Breakfast radio program here rang the Irish dressing room this morning. Epically funny interview. Slats host sthe show, and of course he knows Trent Johnston pretty well.

Links to the interviews with Johnston/ Kevin O'Brien and with Niall O'Brien are here.

Worth a listen. I suspect Trent Johnston may have been drinking.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sports Breakfast radio program here rang the Irish dressing room this morning. Epically funny interview. Slats host sthe show, and of course he knows Trent Johnston pretty well.

Links to the interviews with Johnston/ Kevin O'Brien and with Niall O'Brien are here.

Worth a listen. I suspect Trent Johnston may have been drinking.
:laugh:

cnerd123

likes this
Best. Match. Ever.

Or, for Strauss, Worst. Bday. Ever.

Love how England have been putting up the best matches this WC, no matter who the opponents.

slip

Cricket Spectator
Do they still behead people in England? The Queen should order an investigation into this game. lol

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Not wanting to rub salt in (really) but England have been the most entertaining team in the tournament so far. All 3 matches have been really exciting games.

Jacknife

International Captain
Best. Match. Ever.

Or, for Strauss, Worst. Bday. Ever.

Love how England have been putting up the best matches this WC, no matter who the opponents.
England would make a game out of it, even if they played Girl Guides 11.

cnerd123

likes this
TBH if Ireland can beat England now, Bangladesh sure as hell should. Ireland and Netherlands have been showing the kind of fight that BD should be showing, and exceeding. We did fold against India and we barely crossed the line against Ireland; we need to thump Netherlands and England to gain some creditability back. A WC at Home, ffs you don't get any bigger chance than this to prove that you belong at this level.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZers - one hour of highlights on Sky Sport 2 at 3:40pm. I think it might be a good idea to watch it.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Just got back from uni to read cricinfo.

Shocking to say the least :O I went to bed when they were 5-fer

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Don't want to make excuses but some of these players have been travelling and playing cricket non-stop since October/early November. It's quite conceivable that they might just have had enough.
But of course, they are the only ones who have done so in the entire cricketing world.... 8-)

Last edited: