• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
we were 3 down and Ponting was dropped first ball. he and clarke then put on about 300.
I think you're at cross purposes. Spikey is talking about the test vs Pakistan last year. I think Jack and Hing are talking about the Aus A v England match last month.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think you're at cross purposes. Spikey is talking about the test vs Pakistan last year. I think Jack and Hing are talking about the Aus A v England match last month.
When did I speak? :p

Hodge isn't a bad person, per se. Has a large degree of selfishness, which you find in the majority of successful batsmen, and he's a bit eccentric. He's not in the "Dean Jones" class of bloke, he's a pretty affable and (very) relaxed character.

howardj

International Coach
Makes out he made truckloads of Shield runs every summer. It just wasn't the case; at least not in the order of a Hayden for example. That said, he was desperately unlucky not to go to SA in 2006 considering his 2005/2006 results.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Hodge isn't a bad person, per se. Has a large degree of selfishness, which you find in the majority of successful batsmen, and he's a bit eccentric. He's not in the "Dean Jones" class of bloke, he's a pretty affable and (very) relaxed character.
LOL.

Deano strikes me as kind of being in a class of his own.

I'm also finding it a bit disconcerting that on themain forum menu, this thread title appears, and immediately below it in the coaching forum is the title "Is it too late to start again?"

Personally think it isn't.

Last edited:

Evilhoopler

U19 12th Man
Just thought i'd let all you Englishmen know the odds for the third test (betfair)

Australia - $2.60
England - $2.55
Draw - $3.00

You are apparently not that far ahead

Spark

Global Moderator

Hence my rule that it's always a bad idea to judge cricketers as people based on what you see on the field/in the media. However Hodge's statements to the media have tested my strength with regards to that, they are quite annoying.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
b365 offers a 1.83 return on Swann < 114. is 114 the total number of runs in both innings or is it something else? Does anyone know?

Athlai

Not Terrible
bet365 refers to runs when it's batsman and I've lept on it but for precisely ramkumar's concern I've never been keen on betting on a bowler.

I'm reasonably sure they are referring to runs conceded by the bowlers.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Here it is:

Player Performance
These markets use a points based scoring system to determine their outcome. The point schedule is as follows:

1 point per run, 20 points per wicket, 10 points per catch, 25 points per stumping. Stakes refunded on non-selected players. Where non-selected player(s) then Rule 4 will apply in Super 7 bets.

In One Day matches both teams must face at least 40 overs each, otherwise bets void, unless settlement of bets is already determined. In Test and County Championship matches, the whole match counts. In drawn games a minimum of 200 overs must be bowled, otherwise bets void, unless settlement of bets is already determined. In Twenty20 matches the match must be scheduled for the full 20 overs and there must be an official result unless settlement of bets is already determined. In matches where the number of overs has been reduced and the outcome has not already been determined then bets will be void.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Here it is:

Player Performance
These markets use a points based scoring system to determine their outcome. The point schedule is as follows:

1 point per run, 20 points per wicket, 10 points per catch, 25 points per stumping. Stakes refunded on non-selected players. Where non-selected player(s) then Rule 4 will apply in Super 7 bets.

In One Day matches both teams must face at least 40 overs each, otherwise bets void, unless settlement of bets is already determined. In Test and County Championship matches, the whole match counts. In drawn games a minimum of 200 overs must be bowled, otherwise bets void, unless settlement of bets is already determined. In Twenty20 matches the match must be scheduled for the full 20 overs and there must be an official result unless settlement of bets is already determined. In matches where the number of overs has been reduced and the outcome has not already been determined then bets will be void.
Thanks much. I got really greedy when I saw Swann < 114 mistaking it for "just runs". 8-)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Classic stuff from Sky News

Co-presenter of the sports segment was shocked to hear that SA and India would be contesting the No. 1 cricket ranking in their series and that it wasnt held by Australia

Guess sporting knowledge wasnt one of the pre-requisites for her position :laugh:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently Johnson and the rest of the bowlers are going to hit us with a bouncer barrage. Could be interesting, that was what they were going to do at Brisbane too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Apparently Johnson and the rest of the bowlers are going to hit us with a bouncer barrage. Could be interesting, that was what they were going to do at Brisbane too.
If that's the case, I would recommend the Aussie slip cordon wear helmets