• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Spark

Global Moderator
If there isn't much seam movement then it's a good decision. Otherwise, though, if he gets his length full and there's movement off the pitch, Siddle + full length + seam = wrecking ball.

Ruckus

International Captain
If it's 4 quicks, which it sounds like they might be going with, I think I'd prefer Siddle over Hilf. Hilf's main value is swing and I can't see there being much in Perth. Even Siddle could probably get some decent seam movement on a green-top.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
If it's 4 quicks, which it sounds like they might be going with, I think I'd prefer Siddle over Hilf. Hilf's main value is swing and I can't see there being much in Perth. Even Siddle could probably get some decent seam movement on a green-top.
Does that include Watson?

Howe_zat

Audio File
If it is 4 quicks, don't we know it'll be Johnson, Siddle, Harris and Hlfenhaus? Is there anyone else in the squad?

Why was Beer picked if he won't play?

Online rumour has it that Bresnan will play as Tremlett has hamstring issues. Unconfirmed.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
It's not confirmed, but apparently he looked pretty mediocre in the nets. Plus the wicket looks quite green, plus Smith is in the side anyway.
Yeah heard Beer won't be playing and we'll have the four front line bowling options.

Howard to bring news from his 'spies' though

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When wiill these journos wake up! Every pitch is a ****ing green top two or three days out.

The monring of or the day before the game, the curator will shave the grass off and throughout the five 30 degree days, the pitch will dry out rapidly.
AWTA.

Always amazes me the hype over the fact the pitch is green a few days before the game.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Not holding out much for the wicket being lively. That was promised when India played there a couple of years back and Shaun Tait +Aus were he-****ed on a slow, low dog.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cant believe that Oz have thrown the ultimate Hail Mary by selecting Beer in the squad only to leave him out on the basis of a net session

Will be very surprised if Siddle doesnt play as well - for whatever, reason, he is highly rated and the fact that Hilf will be needed to bowl into the wind will probably be dismissed as irrelevant

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not confirmed, but apparently he looked pretty mediocre in the nets.
The conversation between Ricky and Andrew Hilbitch during the net session

Ricky: this guy is ****ing crap
Andrew: no he isn't
Ricky: yes he is
Andrew: no he isn't
Ricky: this is the first time you've ever seen him bowl isn't it
Andrew: ....no it isn't

- after another bad ball -

Ricky: jesus christ why the **** did you pick him
Andrew: it was either him or Hauritz
Ricky: .....well maybe its just one bad net session

Last edited: