• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would rest Laxman for the series if he has discomfort in his back. Would drop Ojha for Chawla as well.

Gautham Gambhir
Virender Sehwag
Cheteshwar Pujara
Sachin Tendulkar
Rahul Dravid
Suresh Raina
MS Dhoni
Piyush Chawla
Harbhajan Singh
Zaheer Khan
Ishant Sharma / Sreesanth
Looks good to me, but I'd keep Ojha. I really want to see Pujara given more chances, looks an absolute class act. Hopefully that's not too much of a knee-jerk.

Evermind

International Debutant
I'm sure Tendulkar will be having nightmares over that seam attack, Tuffey, Southee, Martin. As a NZ supporter, it's enough to make you cry.
Time to camp outside Bond's house with huge signs begging, pleading and bribing him to come out of retirement IMO.

The 2 days during which he stays injury-free will be NZ's best hope of seizing major advantage.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
nz team for india tests

mcintosh
how
mcCullum
taylor
ryder
vettori
franklin
hopkins
southee
patel
martin

i think this could well be the team to start the series personally i dont like patel or martin in . i think there time is up can see arnell getting a run at some point and nick beard cant be far off,same for kane williamson. not sure if bennett or mckay will get tried, mckay looks the more consistent. tuffey and mills odi only.
Patel in the starting 11?
Here are Patel's bowling figures so far on the A tour: 94/0, 75/2, 86/0, 69/0
If he can't take wickets against Zim A, there is zero chance he'll take wickets against India.

Personally, I think we need to think outside the box on this one. I'd pick a slightly experimental team:
1 Watling
2 Mcintosh
3 How
4 Taylor
5 Ryder
6 Williamson
7 Vettori
8 Hopkins
9 Tuffey
10 Bennett
11 McKay

12th man: McCullum :laugh: - You don't keep, you don't play.

irottev

U19 Cricketer
Agree. I can't find room for McCullum. He's unproven as a top order batsman so he get GAGF if he doesn't wanna wicket keep.

2-1 to india imo.NZ are a better side than what people seem to think.Expect them to put a fight.I just hope we get similar pitches to the ones we got in the ind-aus series.

On a sidenote tendu needs 519 runs in 5 tests this year to break moyos record.Will be interesting to see if he can get there.

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
I like your experimental team. However given the politics and that McCullum HAS to play, 8-)
I'd like to see him in there instead of Watling I suppose.

Don't think we'll see How recalled though. Most likely we'll see something annoying like

1 Watling
2 Mcintosh
3 McCullum
4 Taylor
5 Ryder
6 Vettori
7 Hopkins
8 Tuffey
9 Patel
10 McKay
11 Martin

And then we'll wonder why we don't make 200 runs.

Last edited:

daz42

Cricket Spectator
The test team vs IND should be:

1. Tim McIntosh
2. Brendon McCullum
3. Jamie How
4.Ross Taylor
5. Jesse Ryder
6. Kane Williamson
7. BJ Watling (wk)
8. Daniel Vettori (c)
9. Kyle Mills
10. Andy McKay
11. Hamish Bennett

irottev

U19 Cricketer
Well Tuffey's apparantly been told he's not going...which is strange...I guess they want guys like Arnel, Bennett and McKay instead.

Flem274*

123/5
Tuffey would be a much better bet than Martin at least. He actually bowls on the line of off stump and has had success in India previously.

Flem274*

123/5
And who would that be?
Genuine quicks are:

Hamish Bennett
Richard Sherlock (always injured)
Mitchell McClenaghan (returning from injury with a lot to prove)
Adam Milne (just starting but promising start last year)
Te Ahu Davis (Can't get a game for ND and injury prone)

And there has been talk newly contracted Anarug Verma is very quick. James Fuller another.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
The test team vs IND should be:

1. Tim McIntosh
2. Brendon McCullum
3. Jamie How
4.Ross Taylor
5. Jesse Ryder
6. Kane Williamson
7. BJ Watling (wk)
8. Daniel Vettori (c)
9. Kyle Mills
10. Andy McKay
11. Hamish Bennett
I like this team - however, wouldn't have McCullum opening, nor would I put Wattling in there. Kyle Mills to swap for Tuffey. Mills I don't think has the stamina for a test match. Also how many overs are you expecting Bennett can bowl in a row? He could barely do three in the ODI's.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Genuine quicks are:

Hamish Bennett
Richard Sherlock (always injured)
Mitchell McClenaghan (returning from injury with a lot to prove)
Adam Milne (just starting but promising start last year)
Te Ahu Davis (Can't get a game for ND and injury prone)

And there has been talk newly contracted Anarug Verma is very quick. James Fuller another.
Clearly the ones to focus on are:

Bennett
McClenaghan
Milne
Fuller
Verma

Fuller however, there is speculation that he will be lost to England - so perhaps he can be scratched from that list also.

Others for contention:

Wheeler
Small