• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Let me put it this way: Zinzan will enjoy himself saying India isn't a clear cut no.1 or whatever if you keep being such wussy miserable ****s about your team.:p
I believe he is gonna say that anyway.. So might as well keep the anti jinxing going.

New Zealand's series to lose, tbh.. :ph34r:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
At least one of you has balls. But this guy being the one with balls is as suprising as Nathan Bracken's true gender.:p
Oh, Shri has balls, all right. They're right up there on his chest.

I just hope NZ don't beat us by innings' margins. That'd be very embarrassing.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For all the talk of India's fast bowling problems, it's not exactly like any of the NZ seamers are absolute world beaters, or that New Zealand's top order is particularly great... Shri's right... for once

Shri

Mr. Glass
For all the talk of India's fast bowling problems, it's not exactly like any of the NZ seamers are absolute world beaters, or that New Zealand's top order is particularly great... Shri's right... for once
Yeah and we at least have decent(ish) spinners to fall back on when our seamers have an off day or when the pitch is a road, can't say the same for NZ.

BeeGee

International Captain
Yeah and we at least have decent(ish) spinners to fall back on when our seamers have an off day or when the pitch is a road, can't say the same for NZ.
AWTA. I'll be VERY surprised if it isn't 3-0 to India. NZ has two top class players, Vettori and Taylor. India has Tendulkar, Sehwag, Laxman, Khan, Harbhajan, Gambhir ...
NZ's premier seam bowler... Chris Martin :laugh:. I'll be surprised if he takes more than four wickets in the entire series.
I just hope they pick Williamson. Apart from his batting ability, I think his bowling could be very handy on Indian wickets.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
India are a peculiar bunch.. I remember after beating Australia in that epic series in 2001, they went and lost to Zimbabwe.
Would put that down to the fact that India where still very poor away from home during those days. The improvement away from hom probably started after that 2003/04 to Australia.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You cant' compare that Indian team to the Indian team of today.

In fact the Indian team that beat Australia in 2001 was much worse than the Indian team that got belted by Australia 2-1 at home in 2004.

2001 was just filled with some amazing individual performances by Laxman, Harbhajan, Dravid and Tendulkar at crucial times in that series.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
You cant' compare that Indian team to the Indian team of today.

In fact the Indian team that beat Australia in 2001 was so much ****ter than the Indian team that got belted by Australia 2-1 at home in 2004.

2001 was just filled with some amazing individual performances by Laxman, Harbhajan, Dravid and Tendulkar at crucial times in that series.
I presume that work thats blanked out is not "better"?.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would put that down to the fact that India where still very poor away from home during those days. The improvement away from hom probably started after that 2003/04 to Australia.
I personally think the Headingley Test in 2002 was the start of India getting better away from home.