• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Getting back on track, Sky are saying that yesterday was the first time Amir has bowled a no ball in his entire first class career.
A striking statistic, but completely untrue. Before yesterday he had bowled 20 no balls in Test matches (no idea about FC cricket as a whole):

1 v SL at the SSC
1 v NZ at Napier
13 v Australia at Melbourne
2 v Australia in Hobart
2 v England at Edbaston
1 v England at the Oval

Shri

Mr. Glass
A striking statistic, but completely untrue. Before yesterday he had bowled 20 no balls in Test matches (no idea about FC cricket as a whole):

1 v SL at the SSC
1 v NZ at Napier
2 v Australia in Hobart
2 v England at Edbaston
1 v England at the Oval
The Melbourne game has to be investigated then.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Getting back on track, Sky are saying that yesterday was the first time Amir has bowled a no ball in his entire first class career.
Despite the fact that he bowled at least one no ball in each of his first ten first class appearances, and bowled 13 in one test match alone? (check his first class match list on Cricketarchive for reference).

pasag

RTDAS
I always knew Watson couldn't score a century under legit circumstances :happy:
TBH the whole series is tainted now. In every single match there were key drops at crucial times (Watto when Pak were getting right back into the match in the first, Hussey about four times in the second, Ponting early on in the third). Not to mention the batting as well as the infighting all seems like an elaborate ruse to get rid of MoYo.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year

1 v SL at the SSC
1 v NZ at Napier
2 v Australia in Hobart
2 v England at Edbaston
1 v England at the Oval
Despite the fact that he bowled at least one no ball in each of his first ten first class appearances, and bowled 13 in one test match alone? (check his first class match list on Cricketarchive for reference).
You and I have both been spending our time wisely, I see.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
I missed the fact that Swann's bowling average is now 26.55 with all the other news. Simply amazing for an offspinner.

WAG

The_roc

U19 Captain

1 v SL at the SSC
1 v NZ at Napier
2 v Australia in Hobart
2 v England at Edbaston
1 v England at the Oval
You know what the media man says. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

tooextracool

International Coach
Think it should be pretty obvious that the 2 foot long no ball was deliberate. At the time, my thinking was that he bowled the no ball to get some extra pace as he was trying to get the short ball in to Trott. Whether or not there were monetary reasons behind that no ball remains to be seen, but people dont just accidentally step over the line by 2 feet.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The fact they got the sawdust and Amir checked his run-up afterwards etc. suggests that they were pretending it wasn't a deliberate no-ball.

Don't see any reason to do it if you're bowling short at someone. Normally you just continue on and bowl properly after getting your deliberate no-ball over and done with (see Sreesanth).

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Think it should be pretty obvious that the 2 foot long no ball was deliberate. At the time, my thinking was that he bowled the no ball to get some extra pace as he was trying to get the short ball in to Trott. Whether or not there were monetary reasons behind that no ball remains to be seen, but people dont just accidentally step over the line by 2 feet.
AWTEC 100% - I thought the same thing when I saw it at the time as well. Unsettle the batsman with the quickest short ball you can ping down, and if you overstep by 18 inches you gain an additional half a yard of pace. That might help set you up for the rest of the over. Which didn't seem a particularly great idea to me, but there wasn't a great deal of doubt in my mind that the no ball was deliberate.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The fact they got the sawdust and Amir checked his run-up afterwards etc. suggests that they were pretending it wasn't a deliberate no-ball.

Don't see any reason to do it if you're bowling short at someone. Normally you just continue on and bowl properly after getting your deliberate no-ball over and done with (see Sreesanth).
To be fair to Amir, he no-balled in the middle of absolutely destroying England's middle order. The no-balls aside, there was absolutely no issue with Amir's bowling during this Test match - which is a crying shame.

The_roc

U19 Captain
The fact they got the sawdust and Amir checked his run-up afterwards etc. suggests that they were pretending it wasn't a deliberate no-ball..
And who was it that was stood beside Amir ready with the sawdust? Salman Butt. He almost had the sawdust in his hands before the ball was bowled.