• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

stumpski

International Captain
I can't be arsed with the one day series after all this (if it even takes place) so i guess the next cricket to look forward to is India v Australia.Wonder if Sky will have it?
They generally show all international matches in India, Australia, South Africa and West Indies, whether England are involved or not.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haha, apparently this "presentation" is the epitome of awkward.
Sky carrying it, with Gower doing his best to maintain a stiff upper talking over the top.

Broad MotM; Trott MotS for us. Aamer for Pakistan. Looked suitably sheepish collecting the oversized cheque. :ph34r:

Sir Alex

Banned
Mos

England - Trott
Pakistan - Amir

Round of applause for Amir while collecting his cheque and medal. Apparently the only Pak member present for the ceremony.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Pretty solid series win for England, their bowling was awsome and their batting was good in some parts, they look a pretty good team at the moment. Umar Akmal played a solid knock today and Swann was brillant again.

I watched a fair bit of the series and I really enjoyed it, but after todays events I don't know if I feel the same way.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Expecting Clarke and the others who move their feet to the spinners in the Aus side to play Swann well in the ashes.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Botham in talking a bit of sense shocker. Would pick Davies as back-up keeper, mentioned Shahzad as a firm back-up bowler and then Rashid as spinner for the Ashes. Completely agree with him.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm interested to know how much truth there is in the paradigm that you have to use your feet to play spin well. Do Laxman and Tendulkar fall in the category of players who use their feet a lot against spinners? Why has Tendulkar opted to play spin mostly from the crease as his career has progressed?

I do think Clarke's footwork is brilliant and I love watching him play spin, but is it a case of people preferring the aesthetic approach over something else that is equally effective?

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm interested to know how much truth there is in the paradigm that you have to use your feet to play spin well. Do Laxman and Tendulkar fall in the category of players who use their feet a lot against spinners? Why has Tendulkar opted to play spin mostly from the crease as his career has progressed?

I do think Clarke's footwork is brilliant and I love watching him play spin, but is it a case of people preferring the aesthetic approach over something else that is equally effective?
It's not the only way to do it but decisive footwork is absolutely necessary. The approach of most of our batsmen (and seemingly many batsmen generally) is to plonk the foot down the line so as to make the LBW more difficult and play around the pad and I'm sorry but it just looks idiotic.

WRT to Tendulkar he doesn't come out of his crease a lot (which Clarke does on most occasions) but he is clear as to whether he's playing from the crease, playing forward, getting to the pitch or whatever. He doesn't just stick the foot down and take it from there.

Shri

Mr. Glass
It's not the only way to do it but decisive footwork is absolutely necessary. The approach of most of our batsmen (and seemingly many batsmen generally) is to plonk the foot down the line so as to make the LBW more difficult and play around the pad and I'm sorry but it just looks idiotic.

WRT to Tendulkar he doesn't come out of his crease a lot (which Clarke does on most occasions) but he is clear as to whether he's playing from the crease, playing forward, getting to the pitch or whatever. He doesn't just stick the foot down and take it from there.
Its better than trying to sweep everything which the English do.:p