• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs Pakistan in England

Craig

World Traveller
Afridi is probably the most over-rated good for nothing cricketer on the planet. Don't know why Pakistan bother with him, tell him to **** off for good. What does he do? Walk in there and hit three fours and a six and get out, typical Afridi innings. What a useless sack of ****.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Holding does seem to overrate his pace and overrate the importance of pace, but having watched him bowl - he was considerably quicker than Asif.
How can you tell that? Like in the mid nineties where everyone said McGrath was express before speed guns came along? Being hard to face doesn't mean you're express.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
How can you tell that? Like in the mid nineties where everyone said McGrath was express before speed guns came along? Being hard to face doesn't mean you're express.
People didn't say Holding was 'express' though, they said he bowled some of the quickest overs of all time.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Well....... my only problem is with Afridi he did not even give it a fair try....this is ridiculous to come in start hitting like a maniac, get out caught and then say i am not good enough...or don't have the temprament.... B.S....in the process you make your team lose the test with your reckless batting attitude.....
It did seem like Afridi had turned the corner during the Asia cup where he played a few responsible innings and here again he goes back to his old self. Ridiculous.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Too many appear shocked by the performance of Afridi. Has he ever given any sign that he is going to change his ways? The odd well played century from Afridi still contains strokeplay that looks more suited to a club level slogger. At least he has the sense to remove himself from the Test scene. Sets no good example to the likes of Akmal (who is on shaky grounds as is in regards to patient Test batting).

Didn't watch any of last night. North taking wickets not a big shock, probably the 3rd or 4th best spinner in Australia. Seems the perfect candidate to take big hauls against the likes of Pakistan. Looping off breaks just too tempting.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So is Salman Butt the likely captain? I would make whoever Pakistan wants as captain vs England, to captain this next Test Match. The second Test Match is scheduled to finish next Sunday and then on Thursday they are playing the first Test against England. Not a lot of time for the new captain (unless he does captain this upcoming Test against Australia).

Faisal1985

It did seem like Afridi had turned the corner during the Asia cup where he played a few responsible innings and here again he goes back to his old self. Ridiculous.
I was extremely hopeful that he would do something different.....but i just don't know what kind of brain this guy has.....may be he scared of getting injured and losing on other big bash type lucrative contracts in T20.....but he certainly didn't give it a fair try.....

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I want to make a post about Katich's technique...

It definitely gives him an advantage. If you bowl at this off stump you are effectively bowling at his pads. If you bowl to the off side of his pads he can leave the ball alone if he wants to.

I am sure it is has been tried at FC level - but I would like to see a leg side field set with a series of yorkers aimed at his leg pin which he leaves exposed. You might go for a few boundaries but you might buy his wicket if one sneaks through.

What do you make of his technique? Is it an advantage? What are his weaknesses...

Seems to be me he has been Aussies most consistent performer for a while.

Faisal1985

I want to make a post about Katich's technique...

It definitely gives him an advantage. If you bowl at this off stump you are effectively bowling at his pads. If you bowl to the off side of his pads he can leave the ball alone if he wants to.

I am sure it is has been tried at FC level - but I would like to see a leg side field set with a series of yorkers aimed at his leg pin which he leaves exposed. You might go for a few boundaries but you might buy his wicket if one sneaks through.

What do you make of his technique? Is it an advantage? What are his weaknesses...

Seems to be me he has been Aussies most consistent performer for a while.
Well, Katich is a good batsman with the type of technique he has, Alam has the same technique and obviously i am not by any stretch of the imagination putting them on an equal scale but Alam does the same shuffle across the stumps..and i remember in the sole test he played against NZ in NZ he was being criticized for that technique..obviously he is young and stuff...but if Katich has been so successful with the same intial shuffle...why criticize or try and change it for a youngster...?

However, IMO Katich is a good candidate for an LBW as umps generally don't really like a huge shuffle across but Katich's eye is so good and he is a confident player who can middle those intended to hit him in front for a plumb....so if you have an eye to match that foot work then why not....cover the stumps at all times...

Faisal1985

You know what..! Australia is going to LOSE the Ashes BIG TIME.......go on and beat an orphaned Pak team...and enjoy it while you are at it...cuz come the time when you face a team with some real batsmen even the 1st choice SMITHIYsss wouldn't be good enough...

Peace Kangaroos! :cool:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You know what..! Australia is going to LOSE the Ashes BIG TIME.......go on and beat an orphaned Pak team...and enjoy it while you are at it...cuz come the time when you face a team with some real batsmen even the 1st choice SMITHIYsss wouldn't be good enough...

Peace Kangaroos! :cool:
:laugh:

Sir Alex

Banned
Interesting thing is while Ponting has seemingly looked "in a slump" he has consistently averaged in the 40s in the last 3 years. He has 2586 runs @ 43 from 35 tests with 6 centuries. No way near the old Ponting but still not terrible figures either. Hmm...

But the same consistency is worrying because it suggests a terminal decline, gradual though, but nevertheless terminal.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ponting has had a tough time of it (relatively speaking) since he got a 100 and a 99 in the Boxing Day Test in 2008 against SA. He ended up with a good average in the home series against Pakistan this year but that was mostly due to his big scores in one match.