• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs Pakistan in England

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL Pakistan,

Seriously school boy stuff. Horrendous.

WD North though. He's bowled well. And credit to Ponting for bowling him, persisting with him and the fields he set.
Yes, been a good spell and makes you wonder how well Hauritz would have done, if he'd played here. Obviously, would not necessarily have torn up, but may have matched North's performace somewhat. The dismissals of Akmal, and Amin were well earned wickets of top order batsmen, he is certainly more useful than your ordinary part timer - in the ranks of a Sehwag, I'd say.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No disrespect to either player but there's not really any excuse for collapsing to Watson and North in consecutive innings.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Bob Willis absolutely slandering Watson's bowling, calling it "dead straight". What a stupid thing to say. Have you watched any cricket since 2006 Bob? Or even this Test? What a fool.

Spark

Global Moderator
Bob Willis absolutely slandering Watson's bowling, calling it "dead straight". What a stupid thing to say. Have you watched any cricket since 2006 Bob? Or even this Test? What a fool.
I'll say, did he not see the ball that got Butt? Or the balls to Kamran before he pinged him? I'd say they swung.

Plus his failure to mention that Smith's ball that got Gul was, in fact, pretty good.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes. Holding noted also that Watson should not have got five wickets. Adding this to repeated comments about Asif being too slow at 80mph and we have true incompetance about medium pace bowling from the commentary box.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just having a look at some stuff on Cricinfo and read this -
Well, we are hearing news from the ground (not fully confirmed at the moment) that Shahid Afridi has just told Jim Maxwell on radio that the Headingley Test will be his last. We'll bring you more news as we get it. First we have the presentation so we might hear something from this..

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oooooh, it's all too hard for me to concentrate for more than 10 balls!

Why was so much talent wasted on such an imbecile?