• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Beleg

International Regular
reckon the pitch's assistance for the bowlers is kinda being exaggerated a wee bit by the extravagance of the aussie batsmen

chalky

International Debutant
Kerry O'Keefe saying a Warne or Ian Chappell would declare now.

Basically saying if Hauritz nudges and nurdles for another hour it may help Pakistan rather than Australia, as they won't have to bat in these tough conditions, which may not exist tomorrow.
No chance

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia's batting today has been woeful. Probably aided by the fact that they rarely bat on these pitches.

Hughes' & Haddin's dismissal were amateur. Hussey's was a a shocking shot and the rest of them have been done over by very good bowling. The only one to show any application was Watson, and he got done by the best ball of the day.

Sir Alex

Banned
I think bowling first is the right call. Pitch should be really good for batting by tomorrow, but it'll do a bit today, and you could easily run through a top order if you bowled well.

Kinda hope Australia bowl first, Bollinger will be a handful.
That was a good call FaaipDeOiad. :)

Ponting needs to get over himself and realize that sometimes the man thing to do is defend or sway out of the way when facing short bowling, No one right now is looking more foolish. Apart from Afridi who gave up test cricket.
I agree. Ponting simply cannot accept that the pull shot is costing him dearly in the last few months/years and I wish he woke up to that fact and curbed his instincts a bit. Ponting-pull shot is becoming almost like Ross Taylor-Slog sweep combination

What an amazing day for Pakistan cricket. It might be too early to say anything but it is great to see Sami answering his critics with this fantastic spell. Clearly these topline batsmen are FTBs who struggle against good/very good/quality pace bowling in testing conditions. :ph34r:

mohammad16

U19 Captain
cant blame ponting for playing the shot - on another day that would either have been put down (most likely, given the standards of **** fielding) or gone for a boundary
God accept that he played a poor shot, first ball facing a quicky, given his recent form, STUPID STUPID shot...

Beleg

International Regular
i am sorry but that was NOT a fantastic spell except perhaps from a statistical point of view

a fantastic spell should kinda require the bowler to actually bowl some decent ****e with a degree of consistency

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
i am sorry but that was NOT a fantastic spell except perhaps from a statistical point of view

a fantastic spell should kinda require the bowler to actually bowl some decent ****e with a degree of consistency
Ok this is pretty ridiculous commenting needless criticism..... That was a GREAT spell!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia's batting today has been woeful. Probably aided by the fact that they rarely bat on these pitches.

Hughes' & Haddin's dismissal were amateur. Hussey's was a a shocking shot and the rest of them have been done over by very good bowling. The only one to show any application was Watson, and he got done by the best ball of the day.
Who does play on these very often these days though? Certainly doesn't help

Beleg

International Regular
God accept that he played a poor shot, first ball facing a quicky, given his recent form, STUPID STUPID shot...
ponting played as he usually does - in an attacking manner. the ball was there to be hit and i've seen him dispatch similiar deliveries, first up, to the boundary

ponting's kinda built the foundation of his batting on aggressive intent and counter-attacks, as befits a player of his stature. defending that delivery would kinda require a very fundamental shift in his approach to batting and that's not a decision he'd take lightly. sure he could pull a steve waugh and shut shop from now on but that's not something you'd expect from him and rightfully so