• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
imo it was actually a good ball by Asif that genuinely seamed, but because it didn't catch the edge people tend to look at the shot and not the ball
I think that's because the ball's been decking around the whole innings. It's not the sort of shot you really want to play in those conditions with your team 6 for not many. Just shows a lack of patience on the batsman's behalf. If you attempt that shot and get away with it more than once or twice the way the pitch is playing then you're either very lucky or have an eye like a dead fish.

If Haddin had knicked it to second slip playing the same shot it still would've been a horrible shot, regardless of the seam movement. He's had 6 batsmen come and go before him and been watching for 90 minutes...should have given him an idea that it's been doing a bit.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't you just be **** at batting all together (i.e. the top 3 of Pakistan) rather than simply struggle with bounce?

These batsmen fail everywhere!
True that :)
And I hope they fail again later today :ph34r:

Oh God, to top off a completely ****house day of illness and crap weather, channel 9 have the 2005 Mintgate series as their number 1 moment of the 00s. Proof they shouldn't have Pommie commentators - did Nicholas get Ian ****ing Botham to vote on it? What a ****ing disgrace - just looking at that footage of all those soap dodgers in Trafalgar Square. They must have been delirious - some of them went near water in the fountain.

Last edited:

chalky

International Debutant
True that :)
And I hope they fail again later today :ph34r:

Oh God, to top off a completely ****house day of illness and crap weather, channel 9 have the 2005 Mintgate series as their number 1 moment of the 00s. What a ****ing disgrace - just looking at that footage of all those soap dodgers in Trafalgar Square. They must have been delirious I some of them went near water in the fountain.
For the 1st time ever wish we had C9 instead of Sky :laugh:

andyc

Hoping that Johnson and Hauritz just go the tonk, get us to about 100-120 and then we get a few overs at them tonight.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol @ soap dodgers. Never heard that phrase before.

Seems the covers are on. Potentially good for Pakistan? May not have to bat in these conditions?

Last edited:

Beleg

International Regular
still reckon 150 is gettable as long as johnson is out there
big fan of his approach to batting, looks the deal as a proper batsman let alone an all-rounder who can hold the bat and tonk a few
hauritz aint no mug with bat either

chalky

International Debutant
Hoping that Johnson and Hauritz just go the tonk, get us to about 100-120 and then we get a few overs at them tonight.
Should declare IMO need to give themselves enough time to take 20 wickets especially with this rain around :ph34r:

Burgey

Suprising cos he looks awesome in ODI's and 20/20's seems to swing & reverse the white ball & has an excellent yorker.
Has his action changed a bit from a few years ago? It seems he almost has a Kaspa-looking delivery style (only taller :)) delivery now, but it may just be I'm watching this on a really small tv and the picture aint that good.

Son Of Coco

If Pakistan were in Australia's position would anyone be blaming the pitch or would people be saying that the batsman wern't capable, too used to playing on sub continent feather beds etc?
Are you saying people are blaming the pitch now though? Haven't read many comments suggesting it's bad to be honest (unless I've missed some flicking through). Just because a pitch isn't flat doesn't automatically make it bad. Don't think it's a bad wicket myself, but the Australians haven't adjusted to a bit of movement in the air and off the pitch at all. Hughes, Ponting, Hussey and Haddin all played poor shots under the circumstances.

I'm sure some people would be saying Pakistan weren't used to the conditions if it was them collapsing. I think the comments on them adjusting to the extra bounce are fair. Over many years this has been a problem for teams from the subcontinent. Don't see why it's an issue when touring teams have struggled to adjust to the subcontinental conditions too.

Most teams will struggle in bowler friendly conditions like these at the SCG today though. You'd hope they'd do better than 7/70 however. Will be interesting if Pakistan bats this afternoon sometime.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kerry O'Keefe saying a Warne or Ian Chappell would declare now.

Basically saying if Hauritz nudges and nurdles for another hour it may help Pakistan rather than Australia, as they won't have to bat in these tough conditions, which may not exist tomorrow.

Burgey

Lol @ soap dodgers. Never heard that phrase before.

Seems the covers are on. Potentially good for Pakistan? May not have to bat in these conditions?
Yeah, forecast good for the next few days - the less they bat today, the better for them you'd think.

Johnson to hopefully go down swinging after tea - covers coming off now.

Fair to say, for all the criticism he's (fairly) copped, Hussey looked the best by a mile in these conditions. What the **** Haddin was doing 2 overs before tea is beyond me. I'd love to be his captain if he came into the sheds after playing that shot. Say hello to the sharp end of Mr Stump, Brad.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah has anyone been blaming the pitch?

It's a good wicket to bowl on (very good, even) and Ponting should have bowled first, but Australia still could have made a decent score if they batted well. Fact is, they didn't.

Beleg

International Regular
absolutely nothing wrong with the pitch at all

edit: declaring right now would be kinda idiotic - it might make sense if ye were 9 down with a couple of bunnies on the crease but with hauritz and johnson out there ye'd back them to score a couple dozen easy which might prove to be more of a difference than a chance to have a crack at the pakistani top order

put it this way - there's more chance of johnson et al. scoring something substantial right now then there's of the pakistani top three being able to offer another other than paltry resistance at any point in the game

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Kerry O'Keefe saying a Warne or Ian Chappell would declare now.

Basically saying if Hauritz nudges and nurdles for another hour it may help Pakistan rather than Australia, as they won't have to bat in these tough conditions, which may not exist tomorrow.
Doubt the grass on the deck is going to just disappear in a day.

Son Of Coco

What the **** Haddin was doing 2 overs before tea is beyond me. I'd love to be his captain if he came into the sheds after playing that shot. Say hello to the sharp end of Mr Stump, Brad.
:laugh:

I was just listening to the first test against the Windies and Bill Lawry was saying what a good cricket brain Haddin had after he thumped a six...it wasn't evident in the shot he played to get out. But to be fair to Brad, he wasn't alone.