• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

chalky

International Debutant
Once again like in the NZ series, Gul has been the most disappointing of their bowlers ......enormously overrated for mine
Suprising cos he looks awesome in ODI's and 20/20's seems to swing & reverse the white ball & has an excellent yorker.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ugh, 9 just showing footage of Steve Waugh's 'Perfect Day'. Yes I bought the DVD. What the **** was I thinking paying money for it? In my defence, it was in the bargain bin..

Top_Cat

Phil Hughes will be having mixed emotions right now. From a team perspective he will be upset that his country is in trouble. From his perspective he will be thinking they can't blame me for getting a duck if every one else failed.
Think pro's see it different, tbh. They'll have noticed that he was dropped first ball playing a silly shot and got out soon after playing a similarly silly waft..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ugh, 9 just showing footage of Steve Waugh's 'Perfect Day'. Yes I bought the DVD. What the **** was I thinking paying money for it? In my defence, it was in the bargain bin..
Apparently the 5th best moment in Australian test cricket this decade.

Bit much.

thierry henry

International Coach
I'd argue that the shot he smashed had intent but the dismissal was a nothing shot. :)

Anyway, he's out and it wasn't entirely unpredictable.
imo it was actually a good ball by Asif that genuinely seamed, but because it didn't catch the edge people tend to look at the shot and not the ball

chalky

International Debutant
If Pakistan were in Australia's position would anyone be blaming the pitch or would people be saying that the batsman wern't capable, too used to playing on sub continent feather beds etc?

Burgey

Burgey you always drop this line. Subcontinental batsmen aren't from the 60s anymore.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/21319-so-i-watching-bit-test-cricket-over-weekend.html
Jono, I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I can't.
I respond to a comment about FTBs and get the not-altogether unfamiliar sensitivity from you.
Pakistan batsmen have always struggled with the bounce in Australia, for as long as I've watched them tour here. Not in the 60s, but certainly in the 80s, 90s and the 00s as well. If they don't this time then good luck to them. History suggests they will though.
Just to overcome the smarminess of your comment though, I don't give a **** where they're from, if the records suggest they can't cope with it, then I'll say it. Just as you and many others are well within your rights to say Australia struggle in India (a point made far more often I'd have thought).

Anyway, some good bowling there from Pakistan - fair to say they shaded the session :ph34r:

Beleg

International Regular
What a ridiculous assertion.

it aint

This is PAKISTAN cricket
and that doesnt mean diddly squat

both Sami and Gul and extremely capable and when they rarely have their tails up can run through the batsmen.
sami's statistically one of the worst bowlers in the history of test cricket - and guess what, the stats actually dont do justice to the **** he's served up over the years. his ability (or lack thereof) to run through ****e sides aint worth ****e if it isnt backed by consistency of any sort

gul's never been somebody who's going to run through a team. that's backed by his performance over the years. he's a stock bowler that was kinda sorta touted as the next best thing since sliced bread after his heroics in lahore. par the course for pakistanis. his ability to reverse it on scruffy pitches with a DIFFERENT ball and the field set up to ensure the shine is preserved isn't particularly relevant on a green test match sydney pitch during the course of first day's play.
furthermore reverse swing aint much use if ye cant pitch it properly on the pitch. his length's been shambolic throughout his spell and he's gotten carted around as a result leaked runs like nobody's business though of course compared to sami's he's still tighter than a [censored]

Sami actually got swing not only seam movement.
sami usually gets swing early on in an innings and he celebrates it by duly putting up a hit-me-outta-park ball every over

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jono, I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I can't.
I respond to a comment about FTBs and get the not-altogether unfamiliar sensitivity from you.
Pakistan batsmen have always struggled with the bounce in Australia, for as long as I've watched them tour here. Not in the 60s, but certainly in the 80s, 90s and the 00s as well. If they don't this time then good luck to them. History suggests they will though.
Just to overcome the smarminess of your comment though, I don't give a **** where they're from, if the records suggest they can't cope with it, then I'll say it. Just as you and many others are well within your rights to say Australia struggle in India (a point made far more often I'd have thought).
Can't you just be **** at batting all together (i.e. the top 3 of Pakistan) rather than simply struggle with bounce?

These batsmen fail everywhere!

chalky

International Debutant
Watchin Ponting's wicket think Pakistan owe Roach a drink for that looked a very hesitant shot.

Mark Butcher making point that he had never seen Ponting use an arm guard before.

Top_Cat

Mark Butcher making point that he had never seen Ponting use an arm guard before.
Yeah, never has before, apparently hates them. After getting his arm tenderised by Roach, I would guess it was the only way he'd play this game. Suggest he'll get rid of it ASAP.

Beleg

International Regular
cant blame ponting for playing the shot - on another day that would either have been put down (most likely, given the standards of **** fielding) or gone for a boundary

Top_Cat

cant blame ponting for playing the shot - on another day that would either have been put down (most likely, given the standards of **** fielding) or gone for a boundary
Was no sitter either, Gul took a blinder.