• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Shri

Mr. Glass
Chance for Umar Akmal to make a big name for himself. Just a matter of two 125 run partnerships for a win here. Umar to ton up tomorrow.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
We're still ahead (considering they need to chase a world record with a crappy tail), but I'm a little edgy. Hopefully we'll strike quickly tomorrow.

Craig

World Traveller
I really wish Ch Nine could get (or bother) a Pakistani guest commentator. Somebody like Wasim Akram for example, somebody who can tell us something about the players, give his thoughts on Aamer and so on. Same when the West Indies were here. Aside from talking about leg spin, Shane Warne is rather dire. I don't know why they stopped doing it though. Maybe the guest commentator would have a higher IQ.

pasag

RTDAS
Am I the only one that thinks that Ian Healy has not only become bearable as a commentator, but actually really quite good?
He has gotten better, no doubt. Maybe he's finally maturing at 45. Still the worst comm in the world but is narrowing the margin. I think the commentary this summer has been bearable although would still like for the entire team to be thrown out.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hey you know that 500 runs and 50 wickets thing that you guys were going on about earlier that hadn't been done in 16 years?

Actually it was 1 year

Vettori 08
672 @ 35.36
54 @ 26

:ph34r:
Where did 16 years come from / what was the general discussion?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
He has gotten better, no doubt. Maybe he's finally maturing at 45. Still the worst comm in the world but is narrowing the margin. I think the commentary this summer has been bearable although would still like for the entire team to be thrown out.
Yeah definitely better than it has been, but still completely ****.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Must admit that last night was the first time I've watched any Aussie cricket live this summer and I was astounded by the commentary, it's dross

edit - did I just say 'this summer'?? FFS. spend too much time here.

subshakerz

International Coach
Seems that Pakistan is finally wising up to the fact that there is less to fear from this Aussie side than expected. Don't see much hope for this match, but if we can make somewhere around 350 then there would be a lot of positives to take into January. The problem was that Pakistan is playing the second half of the match the way they should have played since the start.

If Gul, Younis and Kaneria come back, and Pakistan make a strong finish, I expect it to be much tighter in the second round/

Jayzamann

International Regular
So I missed the last bit of the evening session because I was working, how much of a chance was that Hauritz drop off Katich (from the depth of comment on the cricinfo commentary I'm guessing not much?)