• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sorry he is a lot better than most, best on BBC at any rate, in a different league to the likes of Dixon and Keown. Garth Crooks is hilarious though so he might be my favourite.
Yeah he is clearly the best on ITV, I'm not much a fan of the ones on sky most of the time either. Quite like Jamie Redknapp mind you, Andy Gray just annoys me no end, going on about how kids you should respect the referee etc... then moments later launches into a tirade about how bad the referee has been and how he has ruined the game etc...

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah DWTA, despite his initial good start he tailed off pretty quickly.
Yeah, but then there's Almunia, who after his initial terrible start tailed off even further into the abyss.

I'm willing to put his good half-season last year down to variance :ph34r:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Utter contempt for the 3,000 fans who travelled to Old Trafford. Hope Man U put 10 pass them and Wolves get relegated.
Yeah indeed, having just beaten Spurs away and Man Utd having just lost at home to Villa I think they would or at least should have fancied their chances at getting a point from this. Can see the logic in it, but terrible all the same.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, but then there's Almunia, who after his initial terrible start tailed off even further into the abyss.

I'm willing to put his good half-season last year down to variance :ph34r:
Haha, it's not the best dilemma you could ever have tbh, Almunia, Fabianski or Mannone...hmmm, all first rate...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not once have I ever heard anyone say that. Thought he was unanimously agreed to be the worst pundit ever to... pundit.
Next to Gazza, obv. His stint on ITV during the world cup was, well, proof he doesn't drink shandy.

Meanwhile Blackburn's defending for the Brum goal not so much bad as non-existant. Bizarre.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah he is clearly the best on ITV, I'm not much a fan of the ones on sky most of the time either. Quite like Jamie Redknapp mind you, Andy Gray just annoys me no end, going on about how kids you should respect the referee etc... then moments later launches into a tirade about how bad the referee has been and how he has ruined the game etc...
Jamie Redknapp is literally enlightening as a pundit

Uppercut

Haha, it's not the best dilemma you could ever have tbh, Almunia, Fabianski or Mannone...hmmm, all first rate...
I'd go for Mannone on the grounds that he's made the least convincing case for being Arsenal's worst-ever goalkeeper.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'd go for Mannone on the grounds that he's made the least convincing case for being Arsenal's worst-ever goalkeeper.
Haha, when that kind of logic is the basis for team selection you know you're in with a problem. I'd say all of the current crop are better than Rami Schaaban though, he was real dross.

Uppercut

Hahaha yeah, maybe. God, what is it with Arsene and goalkeepers. Like I said earlier this season, why doesn't he just buy one of the tried-and-tested consistent performers found all over the Premiership?

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha, when that kind of logic is the basis for team selection you know you're in with a problem. I'd say all of the current crop are better than Rami Schaaban though, he was real dross.
That **** was always out injured for about 2 years if you went Arsenal on CM 03-04, which is btw the best ever version of that game

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hahaha yeah, maybe. God, what is it with Arsene and goalkeepers.
Hector Carini, reckon if he had actually managed to sign him rather than him showing up, playing a few games and then leaving again, things could have turned out differently. He always struck me as a very competent player, and think he would have gone on to be a good number one for us if he had actually stuck it out.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wut?
Agree about Andy Gray though.
Not once have I ever heard anyone say that. Thought he was unanimously agreed to be the worst pundit ever to... pundit.
Yeah, I typed out a rant about him whilst making one of my Hansen posts but deleted as I couldn't be bothered, thought everyone accepted it already :p

Jamie Redknapp is literally enlightening as a pundit
Was the main focus of my rant tbh as well as the fact it would take a highly skilled surgical team to remove his head from fat Frank's arse.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Next to Gazza, obv. His stint on ITV during the world cup was, well, proof he doesn't drink shandy.

Meanwhile Blackburn's defending for the Brum goal not so much bad as non-existant. Bizarre.
That goal was unbelievable soft. I kept thinking the ref would blow for something, it was that poor.

Birmingham been good value. Rovers ****.