• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That goal was unbelievable soft. I kept thinking the ref would blow for something, it was that poor.

Birmingham been good value. Rovers ****.
One presumes the censored word was "down".

Dyer off injured for West ham, honestly put him down, it's not humane.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Really hope I outlive Dyer; they'll be some choice stories come out when he's not able to sue for defamation. Not, by all accounts, a very nice man.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
That goal was unbelievable soft. I kept thinking the ref would blow for something, it was that poor.

Birmingham been good value. Rovers ****.
Checking this board and the Rovers message board I'm not that upset that I missed it :(

duffer

Hahaha yeah, maybe. God, what is it with Arsene and goalkeepers. Like I said earlier this season, why doesn't he just buy one of the tried-and-tested consistent performers found all over the Premiership?
He's only really bought 1 first choice guy and that was Jens who was excellent for us. Manninger was always a backup, same with Shabaan, Richard Wright was a David Dein signing (Wenger wanted Dudek, although that's another story), Almunia was bought as a backup with potential to being #1, same goes with Fabianski(who I do believe is super talented but raw).

Don't see the real issue the guys available in the Premiership are going to cost a fair bit and would be minor upgrades in most cases. My real frustration is not trying to properly address the situation by buying the best available keeper at the time. I still hold out hope but am convinced he sees Fabianski or Sczcesny as future custodians at the club(although both are talented they need loan spells before we can be sure).

duffer

Alpoonia or Flapianski, great decision to be making.
Fabianski any day. He'll make a similar amount of mistakes but is actually very very talented, just needs games. Might as well bed him in if we are out of the title race and look safe enough for the top 4.

Play that guy who made a bunch of really good saves against Fulham. Mannone was it? Looks a bit dodgy but he's got to be better than Almunia.
Mannone is fool's gold. He had one excellent game and proceeded to make a big mistake every game thereafter which was lucky to have coincided with us having a cake of a schedule at the time.

Rumour has it Almunia wasn't actually sick but had some personal problems and was "depressed" at the time, which sort of does make sense considering he was on the bench the whole time and as soon as we played a huge team Mannone was out of there. Either way, I see changes made but more promotion from within, although I doubt Mannone will be the one between the sticks next August.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
agree with Uppercut. I still stick 07/08 on sometimes now, first one with proper mulitleague and a decent editor, proper youth players etc, but you could still rattle through a season in a couple of hours. Of the laters ones probably 01/02 is next best, haven't played one properly since 06 now.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Oh and the game was ****e last night, nothing in it at all, like a preseason friendly. Good job I wasn't paying cos i'd want my money back. That Obertan is ****.

James

Cricket Web Owner
The time has come to sack Zola, no doubt about it now as far as I'm concerned. And Green proves why he shouldn't be anywhere near an English shirt as much as I like the guy.

chalky

International Debutant
Oh and the game was ****e last night, nothing in it at all, like a preseason friendly. Good job I wasn't paying cos i'd want my money back. That Obertan is ****.
Hope Wolves go down after picking the reserves last night, would be especially good if it was a team beating a weakened Chelsea/Arsenal team that sent them down.

Warnock did the same with Sheff Utd a few years ago at Old Trafford then had the nerve to blame relegation on Liverpool & Man Utd fielding weakened teams (as well as various other things) that was Karma at its finest.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Checking this board and the Rovers message board I'm not that upset that I missed it :(
They were a complete shower and Cameron Jerome has that horrible habit of only scoring against one team, my ****ing team.

Pity was that Rovers were really good on the weekend, best I've seen them in ages but for some reason the players who starred in that game were dropped and hacks like Jason Roberts were brought in.

grecian

Honestly don't want the World Cup bid to succeed now MK dongs and the Green Slime.

Luckily enough the bid is being run by a bunch of ****ing idiots, so there's little chance of it happening.

But honestly, Milton Keynes, the club most hated by real football fans across the country, what an absolute joke:ranting:

Oh and I know that the Cornish have a decent shout geographically, but they've just had a transfer embargo put on them, so how are they gonna afford all this exactly. This part of the world is a football black-hole anyway, doesn't deserve anything.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hmmm, FA asking Wolves to "explain" their team selection for last night now. Doubt anything will come of it, teams routinely do this sort of thing at the end of the season, obviously the circumstances are totallty different in most of these cases, but it still would provide some defence.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They should just put it down to illness or injury to 10 of their players, claim doctor-patient confidentiality if questioned on any of the details, and move on.

McCarthy's an asshole.