• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Carrick would be a superstar in the SPL, which kind of sums it up really....
Look at the superstars in the SPL over the years and look at how they've done in the EPL afterwards...

Barry Ferguson is probably the best example of failure, Pierre Van Hooijdonk (sp) was ok-ish but then went off the rails. Guys like Clelland/Naysmith that Walter Smith brought to Everton weren't exactly top notch.

The only player i can really think of being top class after the SPL is Paolo di Canio unless i'm missing someone much more obvious.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Look at the superstars in the SPL over the years and look at how they've done in the EPL afterwards...

Barry Ferguson is probably the best example of failure, Pierre Van Hooijdonk (sp) was ok-ish but then went off the rails. Guys like Clelland/Naysmith that Walter Smith brought to Everton weren't exactly top notch.

The only player i can really think of being top class after the SPL is Paolo di Canio unless i'm missing someone much more obvious.
The truly awesome Liam Miller.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Viduka had his moments, Tugay was a fantastic player and Gio did a job.
Yeah, you get the feeling that Gio would have gone on to become a very good premiership player had he not suffered that nasty injury in his first season and been allowed to continue playing in midfield. Kind of sucks for him that by the time he recovered he had been displaced from the team and lead to him being sold.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Aye, anything but three points versus Stoke would be a disaster for Pool after the Spurts loss.

Should be comfortable enough, although Bolton Light did get a 0-0 there last year.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, was that the same sort of time period as the Djemba Djemba Djemba Djemba Djemba Djemba Djemba Djemba Djemba Djemba Djemba fiasco?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha, forgot about tonight's footy, just checked the scores. LOL @ United.

Thought a Prem game would be on Sky tonight, appears not