• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
That's that then. Gunners a class above but jeez Celtic have been unlucky with those two goals.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very disappointing second-half. Normally in the "tis is god" camp, but was utterly bewildered tonight, everyone could see we were ceding possesion through having Stewart and Norwood up front, and when you have two ready-made subs in Macca and Logan, utterly bizarre.

Won't post on Exeweb as I'll be amongst the whingers on the board then, and hate myself for it. There were a couple of ***** behind me really laying into Tis from the 50th minute or so, I gave one a really filthy look when they said "oh the idiot must be waiting for Mr Perryman to order the subs". Shut 'em up though, I give good evils.

Two promotions in a row and all that, but god the glovers were there for the taking tonight

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Just got back from the Brentford game (complete with guernsey :)). 2-1 over Norwich. Pretty good game actually. Norwich were never really in it until the last 10, at which point they started getting desperate and dominated the game. The 4 minutes of injury time were pretty tense, but anything other than a Brentford victory would have been an injustice.

Brentford played alot of direct ball to their big striker (don't know any names). Their 2 strikers work well together, with the shorter guy providing the pace/skill, and the taller guy providing the target (although his first touch is very heavy). I was also impressed with their 2 wide midfielders/wingers. Both were fast and skillful. Their centre midfield was also solid and they wanted the ball more than their opponents all over the park. If they showed a weakness it was an uncertainty at the back, with a couple of clangers in the first half particularly by their left back, and Norwich's goal probably should have been kept out by the keeper. Norwich were poor. They were slaughtered in the air all night, and looked lethargic until the last 10 minutes (which must piss off their coach no end). They did look dangerous when they got the ball, but they really didn't see much of it until the last 10.

The game was actually of decent quality, and the whole night was a great introducton to lower league football. The atmosphere was electric, with only a few vacant seats in the corners (we were sitting in the Bremer Rd Stand). 7000 people and there was as much atmosphere for a stadium 4 times the size. Had a beer at the local afterwards, all in all a great night especially for a Tuesday :happy:.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Milton Keynes & Leeds both winning, too.

Horror night.
:@

We're playing nice football but it leaves us exposed at the back. I'm cool with that, it keeps me entertained, but god damn if you're gonna play like that then stick the ball in the net yeah? FFS

duffer

That's that then. Gunners a class above but jeez Celtic have been unlucky with those two goals.
Celtic were unlucky in the manner they did lose but I don't think they were unlucky to lose. Very decent performance from us. Honestly, new contract for Gallas please. He is such a classy defender when his head is right. Lifting the burden of the captaincy seems to have done the trick for him.

EDIT: Fair play to Vermaelen too. He's had two of the most "British" introductions he could possibly get and come through with flying colours. Early doors though, still have the big guns to play.

Last edited:

Pothas

Just got back from the Brentford game (complete with guernsey :)). 2-1 over Norwich. Pretty good game actually. Norwich were never really in it until the last 10, at which point they started getting desperate and dominated the game. The 4 minutes of injury time were pretty tense, but anything other than a Brentford victory would have been an injustice.

Brentford played alot of direct ball to their big striker (don't know any names). Their 2 strikers work well together, with the shorter guy providing the pace/skill, and the taller guy providing the target (although his first touch is very heavy). I was also impressed with their 2 wide midfielders/wingers. Both were fast and skillful. Their centre midfield was also solid and they wanted the ball more than their opponents all over the park. If they showed a weakness it was an uncertainty at the back, with a couple of clangers in the first half particularly by their left back, and Norwich's goal probably should have been kept out by the keeper. Norwich were poor. They were slaughtered in the air all night, and looked lethargic until the last 10 minutes (which must piss off their coach no end). They did look dangerous when they got the ball, but they really didn't see much of it until the last 10.

The game was actually of decent quality, and the whole night was a great introducton to lower league football. The atmosphere was electric, with only a few vacant seats in the corners (we were sitting in the Bremer Rd Stand). 7000 people and there was as much atmosphere for a stadium 4 times the size. Had a beer at the local afterwards, all in all a great night especially for a Tuesday :happy:.
Really glad that you enjoyed it, you got lucky seeing Nowrich actually as they are a pretty big club and have not been in this league for years so that would have bootsed the atendance and the atmosphere. Sounds like a pretty typical Brentford performance over the last year or so, although we have a number of new players I am yet to see (The striker was Carl Cort, once of Newcastle, well he played a few games when he wasnt injured). Will make sure I make the next home game, need to make sure I am not working.

Craig

World Traveller
AEK Athen's Sotiris Kyrgiakos claims he is joining Liverpool. But it turns out Rafa Benitez won't have much more money to spend unless he sells a few more players.