• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm cowardly thug in rare moment of skill shocker, of course it was at 2-0 in a game already won instead of in a game situation where it really matters.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
People being a bit premature here. Remember 2 games into last season? Yep, everyone was saying "Chelsea the clear favourites" etc.

36 games to go people, way too early to write off everyone.

Scaly piscine

Heh @ the penalty awarded against David James

Oh dear god Lawro is actually defending it. What an idiot. If the forward was actually in the same postcode as the ball then it might be a foul - instead he just moved into James' path and fell over.

duffer

Heh, bookies have stopped taking bets on Benitez being the first Premiership manager getting the boot. Looking forward to seeing this play out.

grecian

People being a bit premature here. Remember 2 games into last season? Yep, everyone was saying "Chelsea the clear favourites" etc.

36 games to go people, way too early to write off everyone.
Well, I think it's more the Ronaldo-Tevez, being replaced by Owen-Valencia thing then the results thus far

Heh, bookies have stopped taking bets on Benitez being the first Premiership manager getting the boot. Looking forward to seeing this play out.
Rumours have been flying about all day, hope not, I put money on Brown to go first:unsure:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What's the alleged go with Rafa then? Open secret him and the owners don't get on so it's not the biggest surprise in the world.

Hope Brown gets the arse soon tho; it'll be ok not to hate City, Hull again then. If Pompey get bought out by Storrie's consortium Hart might have to watch his step too unless things turn around rapidly. Could see Calamity wanting out before Sept at this rate and without him they're even more buggered.

duffer

He does this same **** every year and Pool fans lap it up. Hope the Americans tell him where to stick it regarding the money he spends.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
United mid-field is so soft now. Really need Hargreaves back or if he aint fit, a strong defensive mid-fielders needs to be bought. Anderson was awful again, he really isn't progressing.

Defoe damn yo, he looks to be finallt stepping up. Its only Hull, but he keeps it up it really will be hard for Capello not to keep picking him.
Ignoring that Anderson was played out of position I see.
Our next best defensive mid didn't play today either.
*Sigh*

duffer

Perhaps it's the fact they've not lost anyone of consequence, rather than losing 2 of the main forward players and replacing them with one injury-prone forward?
They lost a pretty damn good manager though. Remains to be seen how Ancelotti goes over a long period of time in English football.

Craig

World Traveller
I was there at the ground to see Inter get smashed 5-0. Mind you Inter were playing their fringe and youth players.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah Barca put out youths this time around until it got to half time at 1-0, then on came the big guns. We were far from full strength but Petrov as a swap for Robinho isn't a bad one and Tevez in for Ade worked well to get Tevez some fitness. Barca peppered us all game and hit the woodwork a few times. Shay Given saved from Zlatan at least 3 times, was a colossal effort from him.

Watch out for Weiss in the future, absolute star in the making. Could be our Chavnaldo.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh:
Benitez quipped: "We are at the top of the table now with 23 stitches. Carra, Torres and Skrtel. I haven't seen how many Torres has but I can guarantee you it's 10 or more."

Craig

World Traveller
I don't know who out of the SPL or the Belgain Jupiler Pro League has the highest standard in terms of quality of their domestic league, but I just watched Lyon thrash Anderlecht 5-1, and it really was men against boys. I would honestly back some of the top tier Championship teams to beat them, they were terrible. Some freakishly good goals to Bosnian Miralem Pjanić and Brazilian Michel Bastos though.

Matteh

I don't know who out of the SPL or the Belgain Jupiler Pro League has the highest standard in terms of quality of their domestic league, but I just watched Lyon thrash Anderlecht 5-1, and it really was men against boys. I would honestly back some of the top tier Championship teams to beat them, they were terrible. Some freakishly good goals to Bosnian Miralem Pjanić and Brazilian Michel Bastos though.
UEFA coefficient - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SPL is one place above the Jupiler Pro based on the Coefficients