• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mhmm, no matter what you want to say about Australia, 500 is 500 and it's not easy to get it, especially if you lose 1 or 2 quick wickets it becomes a huge total.

YES! CLARKEY! Why did we waste all our time on North when we got Clarke? "Who poses no threat" poses no threat? Clarke always gets wickets!
Clarke had averaged 183 or something ridiculous with the ball in the past 12 months before he took that wicket. One of the most over-rated partnership breakers around based entirely on two games.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
that was pathetic...as.j asopdja
sd adofi sdfv
My predictive texting usually comes up with something like that when I'm in a tense situation and mashing keys on my phone to pretend like I'm doing something, but that really doesn't have much to do with anything.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Diabolical shot from Colly, as Prince says that's much more bash-worthy than KP's effort.

Can't believe the poms have let us back into it like this. Well, I can actually.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Now that is throwing one's wicket away. I bet people will continue to get stuck into Pietersen and ignore Collingwood's shocker though.. and that's coming from someone who likes Collingwood a hell of a lot more than Pietersen.
Once the rep is made (Collingwood the "northern fighter", Pietersen the "soft South African"), it's essentially impossible to change it.

Jakester1288

International Regular
So we sit through a long spell of North for Pup to come on and get a wicket. Collingwood threw his wicket away. Irresponsible batting.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Once the rep is made (Collingwood the "northern fighter", Pietersen the "soft South African"), it's essentially impossible to change it.
People from the south are weak, soft ladyboys and you don't get much more south than South Africa.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Diabolical shot from Colly, as Prince says that's much more bash-worthy than KP's effort.

Can't believe the poms have let us back into it like this. Well, I can actually.
The writing was on the wall when the ball started finding the fielders rather than the gaps, which it's mostly still doing (Prior's just edged a couple for four). It was logical that one of them would eventually go in the air.

Usually the way.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
yeah always gets them...! That is his 19th test wicket after all!!
Yeah, North won't get that many in 3 times the amount of overs. After North bowled 50 overs and did jack all, as soon as Katich or Clarke came on it was a given they were going to get a wicket.

Take away the 6 he got in India, that's 13 wickets. That's not half bad for a player with a bad back that just rolls his arm over. He's played 48 tests, say he bowls in half thats 24. 13 wickets in 24 tests. Half the time he picks up these breakthroughs.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
"We are too cool to have a fielder on the third man boundary"

Grinds my gears that it's acceptable always to have a fine leg, but having a man at third man rarely happens.

chris.roland

Cricket Spectator
How uncouth... Although Southerners are no where near as hard as northerners, by nature! I tell you, it's great having SkyPlayer, I can pretend to work while watching this fiasco, and my boss just thinks I'm engrossed in tapping into forms... how little he suspects!

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Clarke had averaged 183 or something ridiculous with the ball in the past 12 months before he took that wicket. One of the most over-rated partnership breakers around based entirely on two games.
No, he's not. If he doesn't pick up a wicket, he sets one up with his tight bowling which gives nothing away unless you make something happen. To make something happen means a risk, and half the time a risk will go wrong. Brings me back up to my logic just before, half the time he gets a wicket.