• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
So we sit through a long spell of North for Pup to come on and get a wicket. Collingwood threw his wicket away. Irresponsible batting.
Yet more evidence that a frontal lobotomy is mandatory for English cricketers.
As I said at the time, Aus's Cardiff masterclass on how to bat on easy tracks was completely wasted on this lot.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
"We are too cool to have a fielder on the third man boundary"

Grinds my gears that it's acceptable always to have a fine leg, but having a man at third man rarely happens.
It used to annoy me but I've grown to accept it over the last 7-8 years. Never used to be the way - third-man was still "in vogue" when I started watching.

Good to see someone hit runs off Clarke.

tooextracool

International Coach
What on earth is Hussain talking about with the closed faced bat and Collingwood? Thats how you work something to the leg side, you close the face of the bat and Colly is and always has been a leg-side player. it was a miscue plain and simple. Surely he could have done something better with the 12th man analysis bit.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Loving Johnson's economy rate, don't you dirty uncultured convicts dare give any flak to Stuart Broad when the 'best bowler in the world' is going at T20 rates :ph34r:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pathetic from Colly, and many are saying it, so don't quite get what Prince is going on about.......

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It used to annoy me but I've grown to accept it over the last 7-8 years. Never used to be the way - third-man was still "in vogue" when I started watching.

Good to see someone hit runs off Clarke.
It's crazy because the way the bowler is bowling he's trying to get the batsman to nick the ball to the keeper/slips.

It's a run saving position in a spot where the batsman are expected to hit it while other fielders are in positions mainly for bad bowling.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loving Johnson's economy rate, don't you dirty uncultured convicts dare give any flak to Stuart Broad when the 'best bowler in the world' is going at T20 rates :ph34r:
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it you unwashed blasphemers!

The difference is obviously that Johnson takes wickets :ph34r:

1st baller coming for Freddy...

I meant 4 obviously.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a ****ing ball from Johnson. Law of averages dictating that one must land in the right place.