• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, England, Netherlands

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Woke up this morning in a decent mood, then I remembered what transpired last night, doh
Saw the last 4 overs in the boozer last night. Never once thought we'd win. One of those very rare occasions I was correct, sadly.

Fair play to the Dutch tho, it's a great result for them and for cricket generally. Just mildly annoying if one's of the pom persuasion.
Tbh, with the way England played I'm finding it hard to comprehend how they lost. They flew away at the start, kept wickets in hand- okay they didn't quite keep the pace up at the death, but 160 is a decent total. And they didn't even bowl that badly- Jimmy was excellent, Sidebottom was hard to get away, Broad bowled well (shame about the fielding). Rashid was poor, but i expected him to do even worse, and the medium pacers didn't really get smashed. They weren't great, but you'd have thought playing at that level would definitely have been enough to beat an Associate. Really, Netherlands just played excellent cricket.

There's always a time for laughing at England after an embarrassing result, but i think at the moment congratulating the Netherlands is more appropriate.
Why not both, Congratulations to Holand and this

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Can't help but feel England will lose 2 PAK. Really fear Afridi & Ajmal will strangle the middle-order...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Just watched the final over. Poor Broad :laugh:

Was wonderful to see the Dutch players storming on to the field. Would've cried if I were Dutch (or English). Always nice to have these moments when its not happening to your team.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha yeah, I was close to tears. Slumped down on my living room floor once I realised what Broad had done. Have spent months defending him and he goes and does that to me.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Haha yeah, I was close to tears. Slumped down on my living room floor once I realised what Broad had done. Have spent months defending him and he goes and does that to me.
it happens
remember Misbah almost winning last championship for us
he hit a straight hit for a six, next ball tries to be smart & we lost it
My heart was broken
it happens
England are so unlucky at world championship to be fair

pasag

RTDAS
There's another world twenty20 next year. If you go out, it's not like you have to wait very long to try again.

pasag

RTDAS
2007 - ODI World Cup
2008 - Twenty20 WC
2009 - Twenty20 WC
2010 - Twenty20 WC
2011 - ODI World Cup

Five WC in five years. Something is wrong there.

stumpski

International Captain
If they're going to have a Twenty20 World Cup every year I don't see the need for them to be played on tours as well. :dry:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
2007 - ODI World Cup
2008 - Twenty20 WC
2009 - Twenty20 WC
2010 - Twenty20 WC
2011 - ODI World Cup

Five WC in five years. Something is wrong there.
So is it actually the plan to have a Twenty20 WC every year there isn't an ODI WC, beyond that? Because it'd really take away from the spectacle of it if so IMO.

stumpski

International Captain
So is it actually the plan to have a Twenty20 WC every year there isn't an ODI WC, beyond that? Because it'd really take away from the spectacle of it if so IMO.
They really need to get rid of the Champions Trophy as soon as poss if that is the case.

Funnily though, I don't have a problem with an annual T20 WC if it only takes 3 weeks, and those are the only T20Is played all year. Not that that'll happen of course.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think this is good. It only takes two weeks, and maybe this will lead to less T20 and ODIs being played on tours.

Just quietly - the 2015 might be the last ODI WC. I think that could happen (and hopefully does).

stumpski

International Captain
I think this is good. It only takes two weeks, and maybe this will lead to less T20 and ODIs being played on tours.

Just quietly - the 2015 might be the last ODI WC. I think that could happen (and hopefully does).

England due to host in 2019. :(

G.I.Joe

International Coach

Well, that is not going to happen. The revenue from the T20 WC filters through the ICC, and whats left after the associate nations have mooched off it is shared amongst the full member boards. Revenues from ODIs and T20s on tour go directly to the boards involved. The ICC needs to slow down with this proliferation of World Cups, while also demonstrating spine in limiting the number of ODIs and T20s arranged by member boards ( but of course, not to the farcical extent aussie wants the ICC to).