• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, England, Netherlands

Chubb

International Regular
Burgey :laugh:

I make that the third time it's happened in my time at CW
It is amazing that they scan forums like this for comments- though they make out they got it off a blog, which isn't the case. Guess it looks better to call Burgey a "blogger" than a forum poster?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
The schedule re: T20 WCs and ODI WCs is because they were working around stuff with Pakistan not hosting the CT as they were supposed to after they were granted that and the T20 WC being switched to the WI.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Does anyone have a link for the thread where we were mentioned in an Aussie newspaper?

Stapel

International Regular
Friday night was one of the best nights in my life! I was on the Mound Stand, like many Dutch were. I still can't believe we recovered, after England had run to 100/0 halfway their innings.

For those saying fire the fielding coach. Is a fielding coach needed to teach an experienced international to hit the stumps from 2 feet away?

What I seriously don't understand is the fielding plan. I play in the Dutch competition, at the lowest level, and even there I'm not that good. But I do know that, when we have one ball to bowl and we can afford one run being leaked for a tie, we set a field, including a back up at the bowler's end.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Friday night was one of the best nights in my life! I was on the Mound Stand, like many Dutch were. I still can't believe we recovered, after England had run to 100/0 halfway their innings.

What I seriously don't understand is the fielding plan. I play in the Dutch competition, at the lowest level, and even there I'm not that good. But I do know that, when we have one ball to bowl and we can afford one run being leaked for a tie, we set a field, including a back up at the bowler's end.
They were saving the fielder for the Ashes :laugh::laugh::laugh: