• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, England, Netherlands

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just watched it again with the young bloke.
Now safely recorded on the same disc as England 1- Australia 3, so if I get depressed on a cold winters night I now have a couple of things to cheer me up.

"Dad, no one though they'd win but they did. It's a miracle! He missed the stumps! I don't believe it, it's hilarious"
Gold.

Last edited:

ret

International Debutant
Grp B Fixtures

Friday, June 5th
England vs Netherlands - Lord's, D/N

Sun, June 7th
England vs Pak - The Oval, D/N

Tue, June 9th
Pak vs Netherlands - Lord's

May be Poms thought that they would get a good match practice against the Dutch and then take on Pakis, who would playing their first game, and top the grp

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Awesome!!
Got Sky Sports installed yesterday. Stayed up till 6am watching most of the England innings, then wake up in time to see full replay of the Dutch innings.

I thought it was gonna be the Dutch who were choking, but it was Broad.
Missed Run Out ------ Dropped Catch ------- Missed Run Out --------- Overthrows for the Win.
He bowled an awesome last over, but just didn't back it up in the field.

Great advertisement for the game. I just hope there is no minnow upset tonight.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
We need a convincing win to either side in the Pakistan-Netherlands game, and then hope we beat Pakistan. Can't see it happening though tbh, we're as good as out now I reckon. Although Australia proved last time round that you can lose against a poor side and still qualify for the Super 8's.
Australia had the bonus of having another poor side in their group, England.

**** me, I wish I stayed up to watch this. I went to bed after the first 10 overs thinking the game was over. Then I got a phone call at around 4.00am, naturally given the time of the call I thought someone in the family was dead but it was just my Mum to say, did I watch the cricket, her side had won. :-O

A lot will be made of having young Rashid in the side but for me the inclusion of Key was just as bad. He doesn’t bat middle order for Kent in 20/20 and England’s batting order was already top-heavy against an associate bowling attack, they needed hitters. Ridiculous that Napier hasn’t been given a go.

Also, keeping hearing about some biblical rain coming this weekend so we might go out without even playing another game.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo - In the accidental admission of the captain Paul Collingwood, took a punt with its selection and fielded a weakened team in anticipation of "a big year ahead of us".

He should be sacked and Flower should be given his P45 for given it the green light. On what grounds did England think they could get away with resting players (their best player and their best spinner) in a 'live' game?

Few poxy wins against the Windies and they thought they have turned the corner. :dry:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fantastic for Netherlands. Great post, also. Just really happy for Associate cricket at the moment. Unlike my Dad, who was sat in a bar in Ireland with a load of mates pissing themselves laughing at England :laugh:.

pasag

RTDAS
Even if this tournament flops, a lasting memory will always be the jubilation of the Dutch players bursting onto the field in celebration of the winning run.
Yeah, it was beautiful. Honestly, don't really care that England lost, just so happy for Holland.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
there is something dangerous about having groups of 3 teams and only requires a minow to pull off an up set .. remember ireland ending pakinstan in the 2007 wc.. yet the organisers have done it again ... i dont have a problem with it... however a 20/20 type format you would think it a standard to allow for these upsets.. i think they might consider making the groups bigger or combining them..

jondavluc

State Regular
Fantastic for Netherlands. Great post, also. Just really happy for Associate cricket at the moment. Unlike my Dad, who was sat in a bar in Ireland with a load of mates pissing themselves laughing at England :laugh:.
With that post ,Steulen adorable Avatar (I can't resist adorable things) and beating England like that I must say I have become a fan of the men in orange.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo -
He should be sacked and Flower should be given his P45 for given it the green light. On what grounds did England think they could get away with resting players (their best player and their best spinner) in a 'live' game?

Flower should never have got the job. He didnt have the credentials and his time as caretaker coach was a disaster.

To many people at the ECB at all levels that dont have a clue about talent assessment. THey may be good administrators or business men but they are a collective failure in building a cricket team.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
just like they took ireland serious?

diffrent story - was ill all day, got out of bed to look the highlights, although english friends cried about the fact they lost over the Phone lol

hooray for the dutch :happy:
IRELAND hadn't beaten anyone before that game in that tournament
since then, Pakistan always play seriously against assosiates
you get nothing by beating them, but you lose alot

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
Noticed quite a few posters from Netherlands here. Would be wonderful if cricket picked up in continental Europe. It seems Twenty20 cricket will allow for more upsets that you would never see in test cricket and rarely see in ODIs which is great for the sport.