• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, England, Netherlands

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
i think, Pakistan will simply have to play to the best against England
play their best side(although Pakistan team is nothing at the moment)
but who knows if we lose to england, we just collapse against Netherlands
so they should go with full intensity agianst England
by the way, it would have been better, if Pakistan now played netherlands & in the end ENG VS PAK

Steulen

International Regular
After regaining my capacity for coherent thought, I would like to say that the stand-out thing for me last night was how thoroughly professional and unfazed the Dutch team was. England raced away, and at 100-0 after 11 overs I was convinced this would be another Testnation vs. minnow rout. But from the 12th over onward, there was only one team on top: the Dutch. Not allowing the English a single 6 showed how much control the bowlers had.

Their chase was perfect: a big hit when needed, singles of nearly every ball, keeping wickets in hand.

Then right at the end, with 17 needed of 2 overs, it basically came down to who would handle their nerves best, and it should have been the professionals in blue. Instead, the Dutch did everything they should do and got away with it because England self-destructed. Two dropped catches, four missed run-outs...honestly, what a joke.

Smith

Banned
That final ball was indeed hilarious. Instead of attempting glory, Broad could have lobbed the ball to the fielder running into the wicket. The batsman was nowhere near the picture.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
The skipper also defended the decision to pick Yorkshire leg-spinner Adil Rashid ahead of the in-form Graeme Swann. "We all know what Adil can do. It's a gamble on experience but not on the skills he has got," he said.

bull****, he's done nothing in OD cricket and hardly played any twenty20 cricket. Absolutely monumentally awful decision to play him ahead of Swann. Just cannot comprehend it.

shivfan

Banned
Cricinfo - In the accidental admission of the captain Paul Collingwood, took a punt with its selection and fielded a weakened team in anticipation of "a big year ahead of us".

He should be sacked and Flower should be given his P45 for given it the green light. On what grounds did England think they could get away with resting players (their best player and their best spinner) in a 'live' game?

Few poxy wins against the Windies and they thought they have turned the corner. :dry:
This is 20/20 cricket, after all, which is a different format, so resting Swann and KP was stupid....

England lost the Stanford match and the 20/20 international to the WI, so their record in this format in recent times was not good. Obviously, the 13-a-side/12-a-side match shouldn't count, because the WI rested two of their best players - Gayle and Taylor!
:cool:

shivfan

Banned
May be Poms thought that they would get a good match practice against the Dutch and then take on Pakis, who would playing their first game, and top the grp
Your probably not aware of this, but that abbreviation can be seen as offensive and racist in some countries. I suggest you change the name to 'Pakistanis'.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Woke up this morning in a decent mood, then I remembered what transpired last night, doh

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Just saw the highlights.........thanks for that link. Just how many missed chances were there ?? I counted at least 20.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Woke up this morning in a decent mood, then I remembered what transpired last night, doh
Woke up and went to play football with a bunch of Irishmen. Fair to say they reminded me of the events.

TBH, I dont mind at all. All credit to the Dutch

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Don't normally bother with T20 themed sub-forums or threads, but in this case, I can make an exception.

:laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Saw the last 4 overs in the boozer last night. Never once thought we'd win. One of those very rare occasions I was correct, sadly.

Fair play to the Dutch tho, it's a great result for them and for cricket generally. Just mildly annoying if one's of the pom persuasion.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbh, with the way England played I'm finding it hard to comprehend how they lost. They flew away at the start, kept wickets in hand- okay they didn't quite keep the pace up at the death, but 160 is a decent total. And they didn't even bowl that badly- Jimmy was excellent, Sidebottom was hard to get away, Broad bowled well (shame about the fielding). Rashid was poor, but i expected him to do even worse, and the medium pacers didn't really get smashed. They weren't great, but you'd have thought playing at that level would definitely have been enough to beat an Associate. Really, Netherlands just played excellent cricket.

There's always a time for laughing at England after an embarrassing result, but i think at the moment congratulating the Netherlands is more appropriate.