• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Badri,Raina,Chopra should all be wondering how the hell he's ahead of them right now. Unless being chums with Sachin is all it takes to keep getting recalls.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Although, since the beginning of 2008, Gambhir has the leading average. But I believe this is his first series outside the subcontinent.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It would be (and should be) Vijay if Yuvraj is dropped. But I don't think he'd be dropped right now. They'll give him another match to finish out the tour at least. It's annoying.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yuvraj showing his true class here with the kind of strike rate you want at this late-ish stage of an ODI innings - making Gambhir and Laxman look ordinary with their thoroughly inappropriate approach. It's like they're trying to save a test or something.

Hang on.....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Its not annoying though. Give him the rest of the series so there are no excuses.

Otherwise he'll just receive another short run in the side which accomplishes nothing.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
In his defense, he did get some pies in that last over. His first over though, he looked like Chris Martin, no joke.

Its not annoying though. Give him the rest of the series so there are no excuses.

Otherwise he'll just receive another short run in the side which accomplishes nothing.

Why? He has had enough chances. Maybe he's like diarrhea, you just have to wait it out, and get it out of your system.

duffer

If he can't do anything next match then can we safely say the 28 tests he's had to establish himself were enough of a chance unless he can plunder some domestic attacks for a few seasons?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There were frowns last time weren't there? I certainly remember an interview with Ganguly where he was unhappy. I was 12 or so though, so my memory may be faulty. however as my memory serves, they weren't happy and if it happened again in the current climate, there's those in NZ that believe that it would damage cricketing relations (Mark Richardson being their leader).
But they WERE substandard pitches.. No one is saying NZ should make one now.. Just something which has more in it for the seamers.. A greentop need not be a substandard one, you know...

adharcric

International Coach
Unless we get a seaming wicket at Wellington, Yuvraj will probably make a decent score and keep his place in the side for the next series. Let's hope we get a seaming wicket, for that and many other reasons.

HeathDavisSpeed

Haterz, the lot of you. I just don't get it. Yuvraj is a better, and much nicer looking cricketer than any of you will ever be.

I :wub: Iain O'Yuvraj. Mmmmm.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Unless we get a seaming wicket at Wellington, Yuvraj will probably make a decent score and keep his place in the side for the next series. Let's hope we get a seaming wicket, for that and many other reasons.
Next series is where?

This 22* will probably earn him another series at least.
As much as I'd like to see others in the team, you can't really drop a guy if he scores runs. I know these runs aren't important in a certain sense, but still, there isn't much you could do.