• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Flem274*

123/5
Has Napier been a road like this all summer long or did it suddenly become one for this Test?
Napier is always a road admittedly. The pitches this summer, even in domestics, have been ridiculously flat. We've had a huge amount of 100s this season.

A WICKET!!!!!!! SHOCK HORROR!!!!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Napier is always a road admittedly. The pitches this summer, even in domestics, have been ridiculously flat. We've had a huge amount of 100s this season.

A WICKET!!!!!!! SHOCK HORROR!!!!
Yeah, so would it be fair to say there shouldn't be any insinuations of the NZC sucking up to the BCCI for this pitch at least seeing as though it is docile in nature? With all the suggestions of doctoring the pitches favorably for India, I was expecting all the lively pitches to have somehow become roads.

Big test for Yuvi now. Goddamn please last at least an hour or so. Wonderful knock by Gambhir though.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Because everyone else fell like ninepins the previous innings?

And it isn't like Yuvraj has a fabulous record against the new ball either.

Flem274*

123/5
Its almost becoming a cricket cliche to say that the umpires have been crap.

Evan Watkin doesn't have the greatest experience at test level, think this is his first actualy.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And it isn't like Yuvraj has a fabulous record against the new ball either.
Well, he doesn't have a fabulous record against anything.

I have no idea who thinks Yuvraj is Test class, or what possible reason they have for thinking so. Judging by my avatar, apparently I do, but the idiot train should end there. The Indian selectors are absolute muppets for picking him, and it's a slap in the face to every good batsman toiling in the domestic scene. The guy just isn't even close to being a Test player. Get him the hell out. Well, maybe muppets like me keep backing him, but all who do have no idea what they're talking about...he's just completely dire.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, so would it be fair to say there shouldn't be any insinuations of the NZC sucking up to the BCCI for this pitch at least seeing as though it is docile in nature? With all the suggestions of doctoring the pitches favorably for India, I was expecting all the lively pitches to have somehow become roads.

Big test for Yuvi now. Goddamn please last at least an hour or so. Wonderful knock by Gambhir though.
Seddon Park generally isn't that flat. Eden Park Outer Oval and Napier are the only real flatties here.

Yeah I may have been blowing up a bit (wouldn't be surprised if groundsmen were told to keep the pitches flat for "good cricket/bias towards batting", but I want a greentop damn it! :p No more draws!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
As close as that was, Gambhir's had two or three very close calls go his way, so he can't be two upset that one finally went against him. Great innings, and unless we can absolutely fly through India's middle and lower order, he's probably done enough to save his side from defeat.

Flem274*

123/5
Well, he doesn't have a fabulous record against anything.

I have no idea who thinks Yuvraj is Test class, or what possible reason they have for thinking so. Judging by my avatar, apparently I do, but the idiot train should end there. The Indian selectors are absolute muppets for picking him, and it's a slap in the face to every good batsman toiling in the domestic scene. The guy just isn't even close to being a Test player. Get him the hell out. Well, maybe muppets like me keep backing him, but all who do have no idea what they're talking about...he's just completely dire.
You do apparently :p

Actualy damn, you mentioned it later in the post.:(

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ugly leaves, beaten comprehensively, and a loose 'looking-the-other-way' in the air shot from back of the bat....and that's just the first over. And this is on a pitch where NZ scored 600, and India have lost four wickets in 160 overs.

Terrific innings Gautam. Very proud of you :)
Aye, very good innings.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I refuse to believe this guy is better than Badrinath when it comes to First Class cricket.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
What Indian selectors are saying that this guy is better than all the FC batsmen currently in the country. It's such a ludicrous suggestion to even think about. Better than Badrinath, Vijay, Chopra etc.