• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'd say this Indian attack will struggle to take 20 wickets against a decent test nation outside of India also. Sharma and Zaheer are good, but nothing special and Harbhajan is rubbish outside of India.
Haha what? Harby was easily their best in this match.

Days of Grace

International Captain
If test pitches over the world continue to be roads, then any team in the world will struggle to take 20 wickets. Only Murali or Warne or a special bowler like them will be able to influence a result on such a flat deck.

It's disappointing, really. What if this test was timeless? They might have finished building that new grandstand by the time the final wicket falls.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I thought you said roads like this were only in Asia.

Or have you realised that India managed to do what you laughed at posters suggesting they would do?

Flem274*

123/5
This NZL attack will struggle to bowl out quality test teams twice. Except Vettori no one is penetrative enough.. remember it was not so long ago kiwis drew 0-0 with the windies and Taylor hit a 100.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Having said that i might be eating some humble pie if India collapse in a heap. :@:@:@:@:@
Yeah, we only ****ed you lot over for what was it? Oh yeah, half our score. Rubbish.

This pitch is FLAT buddy, thats why we scored 600 with the most inconsistent batting line up in the top 8. Just because they're 130-145kph, doesn't mean they can't bowl teams out. FFS, our bowling in the last 12 months is the only reason we're not down with Bangladesh. You may have noticed one Iain O'Brien was high up the most wickets in tests last year at an average in the low 20s?

Bahnz, you do realise CD play away from Napier right? :p

Burgers

Cricket Spectator
New Zealand need to start preparing some greener pitches for their home series. These flat pitches are all well and good to get confidence up in the batting, but they aren't going to be consistently winning matches, in fact, they won't be winning many at all. We'll see draw after draw with both teams batting for 2 days at a time.

Greener pitches make their bowling a lot more intimidating and hard to play. Kyle Mills in form along with Chris Martin and Iain O'Brien will be a very hard attack to see off on these sorts of decks. Add in either Oram or Franklin and also Dan Vettori and you've got the pitch and the bowling attack to win matches and bowl sides a out a lot more often than they do now.

However credit where it's due, I'll admit I was expecting India to rip through the Kiwis in all 3 of the tests. Now they've had them on the back foot for most of this one, just a shame the pitch is so ridiculously flat and lifeless that there isn't much chance of a result.

Flem274*

123/5
New Zealand need to start preparing some greener pitches for their home series. These flat pitches are all well and good to get confidence up in the batting, but they aren't going to be consistently winning matches, in fact, they won't be winning many at all. We'll see draw after draw with both teams batting for 2 days at a time.

Greener pitches make their bowling a lot more intimidating and hard to play. Kyle Mills in form along with Chris Martin and Iain O'Brien will be a very hard attack to see off on these sorts of decks. Add in either Oram or Franklin and also Dan Vettori and you've got the pitch and the bowling attack to win matches and bowl sides a out a lot more often than they do now.

However credit where it's due, I'll admit I was expecting India to rip through the Kiwis in all 3 of the tests. Now they've had them on the back foot for most of this one, just a shame the pitch is so ridiculously flat and lifeless that there isn't much chance of a result.
Thing is though, the only downside to green seamers is our top 3 will collapse in a heap, though they do that on flat tops anyway.

So yeah, bring on the seamers for Wellington. O'Brien and Franklin would be in their element there with the wind behind them, also the indians will need an into thewind bowler.

Nutter

U19 Debutant
This pitch is FLAT buddy, thats why we scored 600 with the most inconsistent batting line up in the top 8.
Exactly.

600+ runs with a terrible opener, an opener in his 2nd test, an out of sorts former opener who averages in the 20's, a number 4 who is prone to brain explosions, a number 5 who has a drinking problem, a bowler batting at 6 and an inconsistent number 7 who can't play spin.

And you couldn't even bowl that lot out with a test quality bowling lineup?

Burgers

Cricket Spectator
Really don't rate Tim McIntosh either, he's been a bit unlucky with the way he's gotten out, but he's not even opening for Auckland in the State T20 or State Shield games. He only came in when Guptill was called up.

Can't really expect a guy to play reserve grade for Auckland and then come out and face the Indian bowling.

Either get McIntosh into a side where he'll face some bowling of the slightest quality, or pick someone else.

Flem274*

123/5
Exactly.

600+ runs with a terrible opener, an opener in his 2nd test, an out of sorts former opener who averages in the 20's, a number 4 who is prone to brain explosions, a number 5 who has a drinking problem, a bowler batting at 6 and an inconsistent number 7 who can't play spin.

And you couldn't even bowl that lot out with a test quality bowling lineup?
:laugh: nutter wins.

Seriously, demand a greentop for test three. Give all the seamers some help, (including the Indian ones).

Then we'll see how good these two batting line ups cope in REAL NZ conditions, not this flat pitch ****.

My prediction? NZ to win. Just. Tendulkar and Dravid to cause huge trouble though.

Oh, and to the radio commentators: If we have a greentop next up and its over in three days, I'd point the finger at the FTB batsmen and the bowlers for bowling well and being rewarded for once, not the groundsmen.

Flem274*

123/5
Really don't rate Tim McIntosh either, he's been a bit unlucky with the way he's gotten out, but he's not even opening for Auckland in the State T20 or State Shield games. He only came in when Guptill was called up.

Can't really expect a guy to play reserve grade for Auckland and then come out and face the Indian bowling.

Either get McIntosh into a side where he'll face some bowling of the slightest quality, or pick someone else.
McIntosh has always been a FC only player due to strike rate.

Burgers

Cricket Spectator
:laugh: nutter wins.

Seriously, demand a greentop for test three. Give all the seamers some help, (including the Indian ones).

Then we'll see how good these two batting line ups cope in REAL NZ conditions, not this flat pitch ****.

My prediction? NZ to win. Just. Tendulkar and Dravid to cause huge trouble though.

Oh, and to the radio commentators: If we have a greentop next up and its over in three days, I'd point the finger at the FTB batsmen and the bowlers for bowling well and being rewarded for once, not the groundsmen.
Agreed.

Flem274*

123/5
haha-if you are so sure why do think they havent done it for the 2 tests?
Because we're ****ing ********. Also if we ripped you to pieces like 2002 you might not tour again and give NZC money.

O'Brien drops the catch..who wants to comment?

Here comes a draw.