• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I've said this many times before - I want minutes out of my opener, not runs. I am loving this innings by Gambhir. Flat pitch, but still. If he can bat anywhere near like this, and adds a solid defense to his game, and a little bit more sense on when to leave, he may actually become a good opener one day, on non-flat pitches.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
In terms of the longest innings (by balls or minutes) in the third or fourth innings in a Test match, I wonder if this cracks the top 15. Hanif would be #1 I'd guess, since he batted for slightly less than 1000 minutes.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
LOL at the commentators. According to them, Laxman is the ideal captain because he picks himself, and is the first name on the team sheet. That's the antithesis of what Laxman's career has been.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
To me, India are still in the England/Windies category.
This is why you have no credibility as a poster.

That and you desire to enter into avatar bets because you want to see India fail. But unfortunately you lose these avatar bets.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good session for us but would really like to have a few more runs on the board to insulate against a collapse.

Obviously the next session is key, hope Yuvi has brought his bollocks with him today. Dinesh as well.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Mumble...stupid lifeless Napier pitches...you'd think after 5 days under a blazing sun a few cracks would've opened up...no wonder Hay managed to average 50 here for 2 seasons...grumble

Beautiful weather down here in the capital, and it has been for the last week straight, so you just know that means it'll piss down for the match on friday.

Polo23

International Debutant
If NZ can get Yuvraj in early in the session then we have a chance, but in saying that, the pitch is still so ridiculously flat that Harbhajan will probably hang around for 2 hours no sweat. This is one of the worst test pitches i've seen for a while. At least somewhere like Adelaide takes turn after 4 days.

gvenkat

State Captain
This NZL attack will struggle to bowl out quality test teams twice. Except Vettori no one is penetrative enough.. remember it was not so long ago kiwis drew 0-0 with the windies and Taylor hit a 100.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Having said that i might be eating some humble pie if India collapse in a heap. :@:@:@:@:@

Polo23

International Debutant
I'd say this Indian attack will struggle to take 20 wickets against a decent test nation outside of India also. Sharma and Zaheer are good, but nothing special and Harbhajan is rubbish outside of India.

gvenkat

State Captain
I'd say this Indian attack will struggle to take 20 wickets against a decent test nation outside of India also. Sharma and Zaheer are good, but nothing special and Harbhajan is rubbish outside of India.
Really? Check the Last few tests India has played abroad and you will know.. India began winning tests outside the subcontinent ever since Dada and John Wright Took over... You are talking about the India of the 1990's....mate..