• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Evermind

International Debutant
My prediction : in two years we wont be talking of Parveen Kumar as we are now. This is the best he can do and others will replace him in that time.
That's my intuition too. Gentle medium pace no matter which way you swing it is not going to take too many wickets. He's not McGrath/Ambrose accurate, and he's a lot slower than those too. His fitness doesn't look upto the mark, and I don't think he's going to get any better. I think he could be an Oram or a Collingwood, but not a top-tier or second-tier test bowler.

One thing I don't understand about the Indian bowlers is why they don't work on their fitness. Ishant is stick thin, Zaheer's paunch wobbles during run-up, and Munaf bowls like his body is held together by paper clips. Then you look at bowlers like Johnson, Steyn and Jones and you really wonder if India will ever produce a pacer who has that level of fitness/build and athleticism.

Last edited:

Nutter

U19 Debutant
So not only can they stop our best bowler from playing for our national team, they can stop people from commentating? What a load of bollocks. Seriously. BCCI can go **** themselves.

Flem274*

123/5
Just use Macka anway, its not as though the BCCI will want to play us again anyway, they'll take their win in NZ and gtfo so they don't risk losing it. :p

Sachin Tendulkar should run the BCCI.:happy:

Polo23

International Debutant
The BCCI are a ****ing joke and they are ruining cricket. Banning (arguably) the best pace bowler in the world (not to mention countless other very good players) and now banning people from commentating? How on earth do they think this is good for cricket? ****ing dumb pricks.

If I ran NZC Shane Bond would be my first pick in any NZ side, regardless of what the BCCI wanted and Craig McMillan would be commentating every game.

Howsie

International Captain
Is Craig McMillan not allowed to commentate baecause he play's in the ICL?

If that is true it's a F##king joke.

Flem274*

123/5
Apparently Bondy was a good commentator in some ICL thing a while back, think someone said that on here.

Chuck 'em both in the box at the same time I reckon.:ph34r:

Fleming was pretty good in the one game he did.

99*

International Debutant
I'd like to see Sky let him on anyway. Sky is under no obligation to listen to the BCCI/Sony are they?

Polo23

International Debutant
Apparently Bondy was a good commentator in some ICL thing a while back, think someone said that on here.

Chuck 'em both in the box at the same time I reckon.:ph34r:

Fleming was pretty good in the one game he did.
Hasnt Flem commentated all the ODI's so far? He has been fantastic.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
The BCCI are a ****ing joke and they are ruining cricket. Banning (arguably) the best pace bowler in the world (not to mention countless other very good players) and now banning people from commentating? How on earth do they think this is good for cricket? ****ing dumb pricks.

If I ran NZC Shane Bond would be my first pick in any NZ side, regardless of what the BCCI wanted and Craig McMillan would be commentating every game.
No Question that BCCI is a ****ing joke. I wonder why the other boards had to pursue the same principles. If your best bowler is out of your team, that is because your cricket board can't take a ****ing stand by itself. Why would the other boards had to ban the players who are playing in ICL? If other boards had been unanimous in their decision not to enforce a ban, then i am sure BCCI would have surrendered somewhere.

NZ4life!

Cricket Spectator

Fully agree. The BCCI have gone way too far this time.....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Fully agree. The BCCI have gone way too far this time.....
Dont understand this at all... Tony Greig was commentating on India matches in Sri Lanka and even in Australia. And he is on the actual board of the ICL, much worse, I suspect, in the eyes of the BCCI than juz playing in it...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dont understand this at all... Tony Greig was commentating on India matches in Sri Lanka and even in Australia. And he is on the actual board of the ICL, much worse, I suspect, in the eyes of the BCCI than juz playing in it...
But does India get the C9 feed? No right. They had the ESPN one with Harsha, Gavaskar, Slater (he did both) etc.

I think that's the difference.

Still lame of course.

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
Everyone is being way too harsh on Munaf Patel. He had an absolutely shocking game but so did a lot of the other bowlers. I think to discard him on the basis of one performance is a little premature. He's proven to be a handy and economical line and length bowler in the past.

He's not incredibly talented but with some growth and maturity and the ability to play well in crunch situations, he can be a useful bowler. However, that being said the signs are worrying for Munaf Patel as a cricketer. As a fielder he is absolutely one of the worst fielders in world cricket. His complete lack of fitness and his incredibly poor batting are massive liabilities.

He seems also like too nice a guy to be a fast bowler and doesn't seem to have that edge that Zaheer and Ishant have. To be honest, I'm surprised to see him picked consistently over RP Singh who deserves the spot of back up bowler more than Munaf does.

I'm a bit in the middle when it comes to the Munaf Patel issue. He seems by all accounts an honest tryer with a humble background who you do want to see become successful. But his inconsistency and his lack of ability in fielding, and batting combined with his poor fitness will continue to hamper him in his international career.
Munaf started as a guy who could touch 145 km/ph when the ball was reverse swinging
and bowled in the 127-140 km/ph mark ,he was good in the first spell but his lack of
stamina meant he bowled in the 120 -135 in the second spell in tests.Now Munaf has
improved his stamina,his fielding has also improved earlier he used to always underarm
the ball.I think in odis he has been very good of late and it was a bad day also munaf is
not so good at the death and dhoni mostly bowls him with the newball when he plays
with zak and ishant and does not give him overs at the death.I know the way he laughs after getting hit annoys many members,but thats the way he is and i think in tests he will be a great foil to zak and ishant.

By the way Balaji is the worst bowler in the world

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This McMillan thing is so fricking minor I just laughed hard at every single post where someone went nuts at the BCCI and the ruining cricket comment. Wow, people know the stand they took against the ICL and this is just being consistent with it.

Incredibly laughable the posters asking the relevant parties to pick Bond and McMillan. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face, good thing they'll never let you guys in charge of it.