• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Woodster

International Captain
Very nice little cameo from Broad, played some very easy-on-the-eye strokes, his lofted drive for six off Powell just about the pick of them. Considering he did hog the strike, just as well he maintained a decent strike rate throughout, takes a bit of pressure off the man at the other end also, when the incoming bat scores at a decent rate.

Big congrats to Colly yet again!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We really do need to create Bellinwood, would be a very fine number 5.
I shudder to imagine how bad Collell would be though. A combination of an awkward technique, a dire First Class record, a tendancy to get out once set and a fragile temperament under pressure.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, whereas I generally enjoy watching Bell bat, but I'd pick Colly every day of the week
Yeah, that's it in a nutshell. Bell very obviously the more lavishly gifted batsman, but it's all about output at the end of it all.

Doesn't make Collingwood any easier to watch tho. Has a game more or less devoid of any aesthetic merit.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Got to love Swann. Want the Windies to do well, but would love to see Swann take poles.

shivfan

Banned
Whatever happened to Lawson? He Kolpaking and/or ICLing somewhere too? More about him than Powell, dodgy action notwithstanding.

TBF with all the cack-handers in the Windies top order there's probably a pretty good case just for playing a spinner who'd turn it away from them anyway, over and above the other more obvious advantages Swann's game has.
Lawson played for Jamaica last year, but bowled so badly that he lost his place in the Jamaica team....

He's not playing for Jamaica at all this season.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, that's it in a nutshell. Bell very obviously the more lavishly gifted batsman, but it's all about output at the end of it all.
Nah, Bell may have a better technique but Collingwood is the far more talented and more gifted player.

Collingwood is successful despite his technique not because of it.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England should keep going for a while yet, as long as they're scoring at 6+ an over.

550 is too early.
Well Harmison has his pads on. I wouldn't want us any beyond 600, seemingly needless, and I'd like us to get 12 overs at least tonight, which means no more than four overs after the conclusion of this one from Big Bad Tempered Benn.

EDIT: That was a waste of time writing that.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Windies just giving us free runs now. Surely as captain you'd look to give a frontline seamer a blast to keep the batsmen honest at least?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That's your lot then. 568/9 with Colly holing out.

Nah, Bell may have a better technique but Collingwood is the far more talented and more gifted player.

Collingwood is successful despite his technique not because of it.
He's really not, you know. Collingwood has the mind stuff sorted, but no game at all to speak of.