• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broad treating Powell with the sort of respect people usually treat my bowling.

And Collingwood may well have just run himself out... Rudi doesn't even want to go upstairs, and he's right - but I can't see how he could have called that from where he was standing!

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Perhaps, perhaps not. I haven't seen anything from Roach or Baker to suggest otherwise though, sadly.

The selectors only have themselves to blame, though. If they hadn't dropped Collymore and Collins for Powell to begin with, those bowlers might not have gone Kolpak.
Pretty sure they weren't dropped for Powell.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Perhaps, perhaps not. I haven't seen anything from Roach or Baker to suggest otherwise though, sadly.

The selectors only have themselves to blame, though. If they hadn't dropped Collymore and Collins for Powell to begin with, those bowlers might not have gone Kolpak.
Whatever happened to Lawson? He Kolpaking and/or ICLing somewhere too? More about him than Powell, dodgy action notwithstanding.

Well Broad's being picked for his bowling now, sort of.

Swann is the one Agarkar's law would apply to.
TBF with all the cack-handers in the Windies top order there's probably a pretty good case just for playing a spinner who'd turn it away from them anyway, over and above the other more obvious advantages Swann's game has.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
LOL, it does seem to happen a lot, we saw it happen with Swann in India. I'll let you have this round Cribbage

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Whatever happened to Lawson? He Kolpaking and/or ICLing somewhere too? More about him than Powell, dodgy action notwithstanding.
Turned out for Leicestershire last season and bowled a heap of pies before getting injured, IIRC. He has as much difficulty staying fit as he does bowling with a straight arm.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Remember a couple of years back Colly V Bell was a constant debate. Anyone still prefer Bell? Genuine question

Played Colly